Chapter Fourteen

"Tell me you're lying..." I whisper as I start backing up slowly. 

No this cannot be happening. Neil his life cannot be in danger. He has to be safe. He has to live... He has to live and be both of my kids their godparents along with Margaret.

Margaret...

He has to be here for Margaret. He cannot leave my best friend just like that. He just has to be okay.

"I'm not lying." Xavier took a step closer to me. "He really is on the edge. The doctor said that if they can't save him in time, we're gonna lose him."

"No..." I whispered. "No..."

"Come on, let's go." Xavier took my hand in his and led me out of the house.

We sat in the car and Xavier started the car. He pulled out of the driveway and we soon were on our way to the hospital. To be honest, I was worrying my ass off. I was thinking about every possible thing that could happen.

What if something happened to Neil? What if he makes it? Will he see my baby? Will he stay with Margaret forever as promised? He has to. He just has to.

Margaret...

What will happen to her when something really happens to Neil? She will be devastated! She can take a wrong step! She can do anything to herself! She won't make it. She just loves him too much!

*~*~* flashback *~*~*

"Hadley?" Margaret called me as I placed Xavier's clothes in the closet.

This man I tell you. He will throw all his clothes all over the place and make a run for it when I tell him to pick them up. Oh god, please save me from what I have gotten from you. Sometimes-– well, most of the times, Xavier seems like a blessing, but sometimes this blessing is just too much!

"Yes, Margaret?" I smiled.

"Do you think that Neil and I will last forever?" she asked with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Sweetheart, I don't think so, I know so." I smiled at her and she smiled brightly. 

"I really love him, you know. I'm scared that I'm gonna lose him." she whispered, but loud enough for me to hear her.

I turned around with one of Xavier his suits in my hands. I looked at her and cocked my head to the side. Never did I know...

"I never knew you had so many emotions for my jackass of a cousin." I said and she chuckled.

"Yeah... I do..." she pursed her lips. "It's just that I have this weird kind of fear.." she ran out of words.

I sat on the bed and placed my hand on her shoulder. "Oh, don't worry. Neil will be just fine."

She smiled placed her head on my lap. "Thanks for being in my life, Hadley."

*~*~* end of flashback *~*~*