Page 0 - A New Beginning

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

It was a cloudy morning today in Hage, a small little village in the Forgotten Realm within the Clover Kingdom. Hage would be described as a poor village full of peasants with poor and mediocre magic. While that may be true, that didn't stop one man from being up and ready to go with a smile on his face, one man by the name of Orsi Orfai.

Orsi Orfai was the Father of the Church in Hage Village, his church also worked as an orphanage where he would care for orphans that had nowhere else to go or were abandoned at his doorstep. 

He got dressed in his priest attire and began to get the church ready for visitors when he suddenly heard an outburst of whining and screaming from outside the church doors, shaking up his hearing a little, being close to 40 years of age.

"Oh dear, better go see what that's all about." He says to himself, exiting the church in a hurry.

Opening the church doors, he's met with two infants in separate baskets, bawling their eyes out as any normal baby does. Also, He also notices another child, about 4 years of age, leaning against the wall, sleeping peacefully, unfazed by the two infants' cries.

 Looking over them, he notices the features of the children. One infant had Ash-Blonde hair with Green eyes from what he could see. The other infant had Black hair and Amber eyes, with a small necklace around his neck that held a blue magic stone in the middle. The oldest of the children had white hair. He was wrapped in a thick blanket and still appeared undisturbed by the loud whining of the infants.

"So, 3 more for me, huh?" Orfai asks himself, taking a glance at the child. "You must be a heavy sleeper. Lucky you, I guess." He says, having a small chuckle at the end. He takes the two infants into his room within the church before quickly running back out to bring in the older one.

He carries the child to his room, then sets him on the bed, next to the other two. Using his flame magic, Orfai lights up a fireplace for light, then goes to calm the two infants down.

After a half-hour or so, Orfai finally got the two to calm down, though he did suffer a kick to the face, courtesy of Asta, at least that was the name on his shirt. The other boy was named Yuno. However, he was unable to find a name for the older child anywhere on his oversized white shirt or his blanket and figured he'll have to just ask the boy when he woke up.

 "Well, you three have had a tough beginning, but your worries are over! Starting today, this will be your home!" Priest Orfai declares with a happy smile. 

While he waits for the older one to awaken, he heads over to the small kitchen in the church and pours 2 cups of water, one for him, and one for the child. He soon returns to the room, setting the two cups on his bedside table and grabbing a book from a drawer as well. He takes a seat on the rocking chair near the fireplace and begins rereading one of his books as he waits for the child to awaken.

--

The older child soon begins to wake from his sleep. Slowly opening his eyes, he sees that he's in a mostly dark room, except for a lit fireplace towards the left of him. He sits up, rubbing his eyes, and a sense of anxiousness begins to creep upon him, wondering about the unknown place he's in. 

"Oh, you're awake." Says an unfamiliar voice. It startled the boy, causing him to jump back in fear and move to the back of the bed, by the wall. He sees that it belonged to a dark-haired older man, with some streaks of white beginning to show, wearing church robes.