Page 6 - First Missions

A/N: Long chapter, about 9600 words.

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

One side of the table hosted Noelle, Asta, Luck, and Gordon, while the other hosted Charmy, Vanessa, Blake, Magna, and Gauche.

"So what do Magic Knights actually do?" Asta asked innocently enough as he ate breakfast with the rest of the Black Bulls. 

Though the question made a few drop their heads onto the table, mainly Blake and Magna. 

"Are you seriously asking that friggin question?" Magna reached over and violently shook Asta by his collar. "We protect the Kingdom! Guard stuff! Fight bad guys! It's the manliest job in the world! How the hell you get this far and not even know what you're supposed to do?!"

"I'm sorry—BLEGH! ohgoditscomingbackup."

"I don't know, seems pretty par for the course with Asta." Blake noted, stuffing his gullet with a large mound of food so generously given to him by the little miss.

"Here, try some of this!" Charmy shoved a stack of pancakes in front of him, drizzled in syrup and fruit.

"Oho, don't mind if I do!" The first bite was almost enough to bring Blake to tears of happiness. So many flavors on his tongue! "It's like heaven..." 

"For the love of—Can someone give this shrimp a run down on what we do?" Magna set his eyes upon the first person he saw. "Vanessa!"

"H-Huh, what?" Vanessa almost spilled her 5th glass of wine this morning as she was spoken at. "Oh...well you know...safeguard the citizens, keep things protected, that sort of thing. If you're lucky enough, you'll meet a nice gentleman on guard duty.

Vanessa then lazily turned her head in Blake's direction. "Or maybe after enough time, they'll find their way to you." 

The aforementioned man had just downed another cup of OJ, before noticing the pinkette looking at him. "Hm, what's up, you say something?"

The question only earned him a small giggle from Vanessa. He shrugged and focused back on the food.

"Aside from that. It's a respectable career that my little sister is proud of. I get to spend my wages buying her everything she wants." Said Gauche, staring at that picture of his sister again.

Luck chipped in. "You can beat down criminals for as long you want and not get in trouble for it! The longest I've managed is 40 minutes!"

"And they're still alive?" Noelle asked, incredulously.

"Barely! Oh man, you should've seen the guy, he looked like a raisin after I was done with him!" Luck explained with an eerily cheery laugh.

Scary. Blake thought. He aimed at another piece of pancake, till the horror of feeling his fork hit the glass plate came upon him. There was nothing there.

"No..." 

"This is the worst possible outcome!" Charmy spoke in hungry horror. HORGER!