Page 15 - Attack on the Kingdom[I]

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

"Master Licht, the attack has begun."

A man's voice spoke over their magic communication device, relaying it to a figure who resided in a large empty room, filled with bright light. His features were obscured by the white robes he wore over his body, the hood lifted.

"Excellent, Valtos. You and the others will carry out this mission well." The man named Licht said, holding a kind and warm tone, almost ethereal-like.

It was an opportune time to launch the first part of their plan. Some adjustments and additions were needed due to unfortunate circumstances regarding someone in particular, but if things went according to plan, that boy would be of no worries.

So for now, he waits, until the time has come to rid himself of a thorn in the Eye of the Midnight Sun's side.

Fuegoleon Vermillion.

"What do you mean the Royal Capital is under attack?!" Fuegoleon shouted in disbelief.

The desperate announcement had earned the Magic Knight Guards everyone's undying attention at such a notion—almost everyone. Blake was too much in his head to hear whatever they were saying, holding a frown as his eyes shifted to his grimoire, the power surging within him and the book settling down when he had relented in his mana output.

Whatever gave me this grimoire, if you're hanging around in my head, I appreciate all the cool stuff but I'm getting sick of all this freaky crap. I'm seeing stuff that never happened to me, my head and body hurt a lot and when it becomes too much, I black out, and crazy stuff happens. Would you mind not doing that as often? He mentally pleaded with a ticked-off expression, even with how futile it'd probably be.

He's brought out of his thoughts by the soft bump of Asta's fist into his arm. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I think." Blake thinks for a moment but sighs and shrugs. "Who knows."

His eyes look around, trying to find Noelle, and seeing she's nearby with Klaus and Yuno, silently drying herself with a cloth Mimosa had given her with a small frown. The young vermillion girl had moved over to where Nebra and Solid were, having been ordered to heal them of their injuries and doing so, with a reluctance she easily masked behind a neutral expression.

Everyone had gathered around in a somewhat circle just as one of the Golden Dawn members, Siren Tium, activated his Stone Creation Magic: Stone Model of the World spell, causing a rock formation to erupt from the ground that took on the shape of the entire Noble Realm and giving them live feedback of what was occurring in the area, the way it was done being whispered between Klaus and Mimosa that Blake picked up on as he eyed his grimoire and saw it's faint glow.

Fires were spreading at a rapid pace. The citizens' screams and cries for help mixed over with psychotic howls of laughter only proving the hysteria that was being caused. While a few of the Magic Knights pondered over how such a sudden wide-spread attack was even possible, Blake could see Asta growing impatient, irritated over all the talk while the kingdom was being attacked, but Blake placed a hand on his brother's shoulder. "Just give me a minute, then we can get the hell out of here."

Though he was very much reluctant, Asta gave heed to Blake's request. With that, Blake looked over to where the mages were and asked, "Is it just the Noble Realm that's being attacked? What about the Common Realm?"