Page 18 - Warm the Heart...

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

Asta and Blake occupied an area of the forest surrounding the Black Bulls Base. Asta practiced his swordsmanship just as Fanzell had taught him, performing hundreds of reps for each angle of attack with his Demon-Slayer on one of the many sturdy trees—after he trained his body in the sacred exercises of Push-ups, Sit-ups, and Squats, among others.

Blake trained using his Tree Magic, creating ones of increasing weight for various lifting exercises such as Weighted Squats, Shoulder Presses, and Arm Curls. Bodyweight training was great and important, but he liked Weightlifting just a bit more.

Blake and Asta weren't exactly training together, their routines differed and they were independent of one another, but seeing their sibling working hard pushed them to work harder, a terrifying loop when it involved these two brothers.

"597...598...599...600!"
"997...998...999...1000!"

As Blake finished his last rep of curls, Asta performed his final horizontal slash, bisecting the  tree into two, causing the top part to plummet to the ground. It would've created a hell of a thud, had Blake not stopped it with his hand.

"Jeez, Asta, ain't my arm burning enough?" Blake joked with a smile 

"Woo." Asta exhaled as he stabbed his Demon-Slayer into the ground, wiping off some sweat from his forehead. "Come on, Blake! A little more work ain't gonna kill ya!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Blake nodded as he stepped forward and set the top half about where it should be with its lower half before using his Tree Magic to help "stitch" the tree back together with sturdy bark. 

I guess with this, I can start making up for all the trees I used when I was younger. Hope Mother Nature's kind enough to forgive me. Blake thought amusingly. 

He plops down on the ground, resting his bare back against the tree. "Rest time." He'd say, before pulling out two canisters of water from his "Cloud of Holding" and tossing one over to Asta.

"Oh, thanks!" Asta says. He flicks off the cap and gulps down plenty of it in one go. He sat beside his brother, a refreshing 'Ah' leaving him as he enjoyed the rejuvenating taste.

Blake's eyes followed Asta with a fond smile and as the boy sat down, he couldn't help but ruffle his hair.

"Huh? What's this for?" Asta asked, not minding the action as it was a rather common act by Blake.

Blake pulled his hand away, smiling still. He leaned his head back onto the tree. "You know, just...where we've gotten, so far, since we left Hage and the Church. You, Yuno, and I, all we were given and what we got through hard work and training."  He looks at Asta with a proud smile, "It feels good to know it paid off, doesn't it?"

Asta's eyes look up from Blake, letting himself think over his brother's words. If he remembered right, it's been about 3 months since they've been in the Black Bulls. Quite a bit has already happened to them in that relatively short time.

Asta grinned. "Yeah, it's been pretty crazy what's happened so far, but we've been able to handle everything thrown at us!" He said, the clenching of his fist a sign of determination. "To make sure it stays that, I'll keep training and getting stronger! ...You hear that, Yuno?! You better watch out 'cause I ain't letting you beat me!"