Page 1 - Blake's Awakening

A/N: Appearance for Blake at 15

(Not as stoic as the picture may lead you to believe

(Not as stoic as the picture may lead you to believe. It's hard to find these types of designs where they're smiling.)

Yes, quite mature. Moving on

A/N: Long Chapter, about 8000 Words

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

"...496...497...498...499...500!" 

Blake held the tree over his head for a second before dropping it to the ground, finishing his 5th set of Tree Presses. He then turned his attention to one of the dozens of other trees he hadn't uprooted for his training.

"Alright. Take this!"

Blake pushed his hand towards a tree with his palm open, attempting to create some form of magic blast to damage the tree.

...Nothing comes out.

"Grrrr, maybe this time!" Blake shouts, repeating the action. Nothing happens again.

"Maybe this time!"

Nope

"How about now!"

Nah

"THIS TIME THIS TIME THIS TIME THIS TIME!"

Been out for more than 3 strikes buddy.

"Damn it!" Blake shouts frustrated, slamming his fist into the tree out of anger, creating a dent in it. Blake stares at the dent for a moment before looking at his fist. Blake sat on a tree stump, gulping down water from his canister.

11 years. 11 years have passed since I was left at the church with Asta and Yuno. Throughout all that time, I never manifested any type of magic. What's the most frustrating is that It's like I could always feel it there: around me, in my siblings, in pops, in almost everyone except me. It always felt like it was right there but I just couldn't reach it.

But then, Sister Lily came. Those words of hers still ring in my head, that's why I began training like this, pushing my body to its limits so that even if I couldn't attain magic, I could still be the strong older brother that can protect his family.

Although I guess I can't say I'm alone in this. Asta... didn't develop magic either. He's tried everything I've done and just like me, it produced no result. Unlike me, however, he never seemed to get down in the dumps about it. Sure he got disappointed, but he kept that big goofy smile on his face like he always does.