Page 17 - Feelings Unraveled

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

"[Copy Magic: Sol Linea]"

A focused beam of black fire shot straight at Blake's target, a rather large abandoned building similar to those Midnight Sun bastards had been in when the Wizard King dealt with them back then. Blake's current threat, however, wasn't as dangerous—simply another gang of bandits that were terrorizing and extorting one of the bigger villages in the Common Realm. 

His beam of fire pierced through the building and a moment later caused an explosion to blast the building apart. Normally, that would be the end—seeing how almost any bandit group wouldn't have the magic power to defend against a spell with that much firepower properly. However, one thing made this gathering of bandits different and Blake was reminded of that as he found himself dodging a magic attack that even outclassed Sol Linea's destructive power from whatever was left of the building, eviscerating the forest area behind him. 

"Alright, what unlucky bastard decided to play hero today?!" A voice called out, one of the few still left conscious after that, pushing off the rubble of the building. He was a tall man with a shaved head and a notable scar, running diagonally from his nose to his jaw—the leader. Brown robes obscured his well-built physique. 

What was the most important, however, was the object he had strapped ahold to his right forearm. A shield colored gold on the edges and within the center displayed something similar to the face of an enraged man, howling in rage from the way his mouth was agape.

Yeah, that's gotta be it. The magic item. It looks like only a third of them are left now.

From what Yami said, after the clearing of a discovered dungeon, it was found that one of the magic items scavaged from it had "gone missing" in one way or another. Still, with recent reports of this bandit problem and what they appeared to have, it's more likely it had been taken and sold through the black market off to these guys.

"Was it you, pretty boy?! Answer me before I beat your ass!" The leader called out, while four of the other bandits were recovering from what occurred, one of them using Recovery magic to heal the others, albeit slowly.

"Just to make sure, let's try this again," Blake mumbled to himself before casting another Flame Magic spell, his Inferno Fire Blast

The large sphere of black and blue flames shot toward the bandits' leader, who shouted at his men to get behind as he brought the shield in front of his body. Suddenly, the eyes of the man in the shield glowed red. Disturbingly, the face became animate as it unhinged its jaw and the sound of an exaggerated inhale of breath could be heard in the area as it took the ball of fire and absorbed it into the shield.

That...That is fucking nightmare fuel—

What was even worse was that the jaw unhinged again as it fired back out blasts of magic power Blake had to dodge. They were much faster and stronger than he had expected; he needed to put some effort into his movement to dodge the attacks, moving through the area sporadically and landing atop a high-up tree branch as it finally stopped.

Guess I didn't give that shield enough credit, no wonder everyone in that village was scared of these guys.

"Quite the find, huh?" The leader said, "This bad boy right here can absorb attack spells sent its way and fire back out blasts of magic at double the power!"