Page 8 - Castle Town

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

Yami called the four to hang around the lounging area of the base, Vanessa and Finral should be back soon he said.

"Oh, I guess I didn't get around to talking to you three about the mission." Yami noted, speaking to Magna and the two newbies.

Blake was nearby on the couch, to the right of the leather chair Yami sat in, attempting to do some sketching. He'd done it alongside Asta and Yuno when they were kids and felt a spark to want to get back into it. He'd figured doing one of his family at his church would be a good start.

It was...eh. He'll get better.

"You guys had a rough time, but you pushed past your limits and manage to protect the village, so be proud. You weren't able to keep everyone alive, but sadness isn't bringing the old man back. Just focus on growing stronger so that something like that doesn't happen again." Yami ordered, with a rather subtle note of softness in his voice.

The three of them performed the salute.

"Yes, Sir!" Asta and Magna shouted.

"Thank you." Noelle spoke. I've been praised. Yay!

"And then you, Blake," 

The late-teen looked up from his paper. 

"Though it wasn't done how it was supposed to, you did a good job of handling it when it went south. Plus, you saved them the extra work of assembling a whole team of magic knights to deal with it, good work." 

Blake gave him a nod and the salute. "Appreciate it, thanks, Captain."

"We're back!" Announced the brown-haired sweet-talker. Finral and Vanessa had returned, walking through his portal.

"We heard about what happened at Saussy Village, nice work out there!" Vanessa congratulated. 

Asta smiled. "Thank you! It was tough but we pulled through!"

She walked over to the couch and sat next to Blake, crossing one leg over the other and resting her head on her palm. "I also heard you were able to bring down a whole group of bandits on your own. Very impressive work." 

The emphasis made her voice sound rather sultry and caused Blake's ears to flush red. He twirled the pen around in his hands to steady himself. "All in a day's work, you know? I aim to please."

A smile graced Vanessa's lips, with a subtle glint in her eyes. "Good to know."

"So, did you learn anything?" Yami asked.

Finral shrugged. "Not much, honestly. They check around the area for any items they left behind, but no dice so far, besides the leader's pocket watch."

"This is bullshit! What good are they then?!" Magna grew irritated and attempted to throw a fireball at the wall out of anger.

With a flick of his wrist, Blake opened a small portal in front of the fireball, where it would end up in the sky before it dissipated. "Destroying the base isn't gonna help." If that happened, Yami would cuss them out and break even more stuff, better to not let it start.