Page 16 - Attack on the Kingdom[II]

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

"Blake!" Asta called out.

Fuegoleon pondered. That boy has exhausted much of his mana...he must've been running himself ragged to deal with the enemies of those villages. From his actions now, he likely not only dealt with defeating the enemies but took care to remove the danger caused by their attack, possibly even making sure to heal the people and transport them to safety. He has a great instinct.

"What the—how the hell are you even here?!" Rades shouted. Isn't that bastard supposed to be on the other side of this goddamn kingdom! Did I lose all those dolls of mine for fucking nothing?!

"Who the fuck are you?" Then, Blake backtracked, making a flippant gesture. "Actually, don't bother answering, I really don't care."

"Bastard! I'll kill you!" Rades shouted.

"No!" Fuegoleon spoke, turning Rades' attention to him as he approached.

He regarded Asta, "Back then at the exams, you declared your dream of becoming Wizard King. Do you still hold that ambition?"

"Yes!" Asta replied instantly, making Fuegoleon smile and turn back to look at the boy.

"I'm glad to hear, then that makes us rivals as well."

Everything felt so vivid and clear as Asta took in what Fuegoleon told him. A...A Magic Knight Captain just called me his...!

"And...your name was Blake, correct?" Fuegoleon asked, looking over to the boy up on the rooftop, who simply looked at him. "Your actions have done well to protect the Clover Kingdom's citizens. Have pride in yourself for that accomplishment. I ask that you allow yourself to rest for the moment." He said, before glaring back at Rades. "I will handle this opponent."

Hmph, a Royal trying to tell me what to do, huh?

Before answering him, Blake looks over to Noelle and Leopold. "Ellie, do you guys need any help?" He shouted out.

"Not at all, we got this taken care of!" Leopold shouted back.

"I wasn't asking you, Flame Junior!" What was his name again...?

Noelle appeared hesitant for a moment, but then the words that Fuegoleon told her before replayed in her mind. I won't let myself stay weak, not when I've finally met people who're willing to put their belief in me to grow stronger, especially those two. And to do that...

"What kind of question is that? We're the Royals of the Clover Kingdom, of course we can handle it on our own!" Noelle declared, in her own Noelle way, as she focused her magic power into her wand and fired off a blast of Water Magic at David.

"That's what I just said!" Leopold spoke out.

Blake sighed with a smile, "If that's the case," he decided to take a seat atop the rooftop, one leg to his chest while the other hung over the ledge while he answered Fuegoleon. "I guess since you're the one asking, I'll listen for now!" Unfortunately, clearing that stuff took most of the magic I had left anyway.

"Captain Fuegoleon! Don't count me out yet, I'm still ready to go!" How couldn't I be when a friggin MAGIC KNIGHT CAPTAIN called me his RIVAL?!?! "I'll help you take this guy down!"

Asta charged forward but was stopped by Fuegoleon whacking the boy on the head, dropping him to the ground.

Yeah, typical Asta... Blake thought.