Page 12 - Dungeon Delving[I]

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

To the unaware and inexperienced eye, Luck could pass as a stray bolt of lightning as he zig-zagged through the forest; His eyes darted in every direction, looking for any sign of the black lightning he'd become fond of fighting. 

His movement and acceleration continued till he suddenly bent back like he was going through an intense game of limbo, narrowly avoiding the boot of lightning that would've slammed into his chest.

Sensing his magic isn't difficult...keeping up with his speed is the tricky part! Luck thought as his maniacal wide-eyed grin met Blake's impressed smirk.

Luck senses another source of magic was created once Blake passed him and quickly gathered an array of lightning in between his hands, and blasted it high into the air once he saw that mane of white hair pop out of the portal that Blake created above him.

Blake's eyes widened in mild surprise; He crossed his gauntlets as the lightning hit and pushed him farther back into the air. He felt the increase in Luck's power each time they sparred, always a bit more of a shock to his system each time. It was great! It's a sight to see, especially on that last mission they were on. Those rogue mages are probably gonna have nightmares for a year, at least.

His gauntlets dissipate as he falls back into a portal, landing safely on the ground as he prepares for his next attack, searching for Luck's mana signature. It was erratic and constantly changed its location from one area to the next. Blake closed his eyes, the only stimulus needed was the bright blue mass that moved clearly through his mind.

Moments later, his eyes snapped as his body twisted to the left as he made a swiping motion like he was tearing through the air, wind erupting from his command that made Luck get sent flying away, preventing his attempt of an attack.

Just as Luck was ready to recover, he felt something wrap around his ankles and pull him back where he had just blasted away from, Blake's Vine Magic, with enough power and speed to slam him into one of the many trees before he could retaliate. 

It would take more than that to take him down, it always would with how high the battle fiend's pain tolerance was and he was ready to match the furious assault of close-quarter attacks Blake came at him with. It looked like it was even, seemingly matching each other's blows. But Luck could tell it wasn't the case.

"Come on, you bastard!" He said with a laugh, "Stop pulling all your punches!"

"Alright, fine! If that's what you want!" Blake would happily oblige with a smile.

Then it becomes clear how one-sided it was, the weight dropping in Blake's favor as he overwhelms Luck in mere moments. 

Luck knows Blake's capability, he's known it from day one, and each time they spar he yearns to push Blake to do a bit more, use a bit more, and release more of that strength. He outmatches him and that's fine, for the moment, he'll make up for each loss because Luck knows that'll push himself further, make himself stronger, to make sure that sooner or later, he will win. He will win and he will keep winning.

Just as he promised his mom.

Luck dropped to the ground; his arms and legs spread like a starfish as he heaved breaths of temporary satisfaction and Blake mirrored him, letting a small chuckle out.

"Why is it that whenever we hang out, it turns into an almost death match?" Blake wondered to himself.

"You agree to it every time I ask!"