Page 19 - ...And Pump The Adrenaline

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

Within the Magic Knight Headquarters' kitchen area, Jamo, the Head Chef, stood before the shortcake who saved the lives of his fellow chefs and he. She who had given such care for the dish that he made, he was sure his motivation for the work would never cease to exist as long as he thought back to her.

Yet, despite all that, Charmy's the one who appears to be indebted to him, as she sits on her hands and knees alongside her sheep cooks, requesting something of him.

"You seek answers on where to find the most delicious cuts of meat?" he questions, to which Charmy nods.

Blake had offered to take Charmy on a date after she had gotten back from her mission, same as he did with Grey. Charmy, however, was particularly invested in perfecting a dish, trying to find the perfect ratios of different tastes to give absolute satisfaction within the meal, so she was content with Grey having a date with her Meal-Saving Prince first.

Not only had she made quite the progress on that project, she planned to progress on her sweets and dessert skills, having heard Blake and Gray compliment that shop's treats.

It wasn't just that. Seeing Grey have such unadulterated heart-melting happiness on her face just made Charmy even more excited for when she'd go on one with Blake!

But what would they do, Charmy wondered to herself. She'd be happy just going around town, working her way through the food challenges all the local restaurants and shops had to offer with Blake by her side—as they had done a few times before Charmy's feelings surfaced. However...

Charmy and Blake stood outside a restaurant, staring at a displayed sign on the center of the entrance door. It was a drawing of Charmy and him.

ONE OR THE OTHER! RESTAURANTS CANNOT HANDLE THE BOTH OF THEM!

A bead of sweat dropped from Charmy's head, while Blake looked at the paper blankly.

"WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT—"

Setting aside that unfortunate event, it may have been a blessing in disguise. It made Charmy want to up her game. She was aware that Blake enjoyed any dish that was offered to him—of course he would, that's one of reasons why she loved him so much!—but throughout all her time of knowing him, she saw that Blake had a preference towards dishes of the salty and savory variety.

"For the one I've dubbed as my Meal-Saving Prince, I want to find the most mouth-watering, tear-jerking, eureka-forming meats! So that we may feast together in a paradise of nummies!" Charmy declares, as her sheep bleat alongside in agreement. She bows her head before Jamo; Her sheep do the same. "That's why I ask of you to share your culinary wisdom, so that I may acquire such delicious nummies!"

"I...I see!"

Jamo was taken aback.

Her eyes. The drool hanging from her lip. Even her forehead! They all glisten so brightly and it's no wonder! It's not just out of deep love of the cuisine, it's also all for the love of another who shares in that appreciation!