Page 14 - The Magic Knights Ceremony

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

"Hm."

"..."

"Hmmmmm."

"..."

"HMMMMMM!"

"...!"

Blake blinks.

"God...damn it!" He cursed, dramatically throwing the upper half of his body onto the table, before heaving a sigh and offering a handshake of sportsmanship to Gordon. "Good game, Gordon, good game." He said with a tearful sniff.

Gordon returned the handshake, offering words of condolence and encouragement that went almost unheard.

"I hope you two are playing nice with each other." Vanessa joked, sitting beside Blake as she poured some wine into a large glass.

"Playing nice? I'm getting eviscerated by this guy! Tenth game I've lost in a row," Blake said, leaning his head onto Vanessa's shoulder for a second, nuzzling into it. "He's too strong, what do I do?"

"Just gotta keep trying, big guy. You'll get there." She said with a giggle, delicate fingers pushing back Blake's bangs to give his forehead a kiss.

He couldn't help the big smile on his face, stuff like that was always a mood-lifter. He stops leaning on her—making sure to return her kiss—and instead does so on the table, pulling forward the box of various board and card games he and Gordon still hadn't gotten through.

"Just wait, Gordon, I'll beat ya one of these days," Blake said with a smile.

Gordon held a quiet clap of his hands. His whispers of enjoying the games whether he won or lost, as long as he was with friends, lost to the air.

The dining hall began to fill up with more members after some time had passed: Charmy got to work on cooking the moment she stepped foot in the place—it was something big whatever it was, Gauche was working through the tenth part of his letter to his sister, and Grey simply resided in the area, moving around to a different spot every so often.

Blake held a thoughtful look toward the girl in her usual transformation. They hadn't gotten around to telling anyone else about Grey's situation, only since she insisted that she tell whoever she chose on her own, wanting to mark it as a sign of her progress. His thoughtful look transitioned into a small smile; He had faith in her, she'd do it when she was ready.

"Alright! That was some tight training guys, sick work!" Magna proclaimed as he shoved open the doors—followed by Asta, Noelle, and Luck. He strolled by Blake, a cheeky grin on his face as he used Blake's shoulder as an armrest.

"Look who's getting all comfy and lazy over here in his pajamas!" He pointed out, Blake was wearing a long-sleeve black shirt and sweatpants. "Better watch out bro, you'll get outclassed in no time if this keeps up!"

Blake laughed, then shrugged. "Hey, I'd love to head out on any kind of mission right now, but our beloved captain insisted on putting my ass on house arrest since last week."

It was a surprise to Blake when all that ache and pain in his body after the dungeon mission still stayed around. Even when he used Healing or Recovery Magic, it didn't do much, and he'd ended up needing to just rest naturally, having the body's healing process do the work this time. The strenuous activity was a no-go, so intense training or missions were off the table.