Chapter Thirty-Three

this chapter is dedicated to my "gay babes" discord server—more specifically the "crack daddy household" i love you all 🥺💘

"so how long were you going to hide that you two are still together?" hyunjin asks, by the tone, he was using, the male was livid. the couple awkwardly stood next to each other, it looked as if one of their parents found them in bed with each other and it was no doubt embarrassing to be scolded by your younger brother, "well? am i going to get an answer? i do have an engagement party to get back to you know."

taehyung pursed his lips, rolling his eyes at his brother's attempt at being intimidating, "no one told you to come and spy on us kissing, hyun."

"trust me, the last thing i want to do in my life is watching you two practically have mouth sex." hyunjin rebuttals, disgust visible on his face.

jeongguk rolls his eyes, "to answer your question, we've been together since taehyung's third year of university."

hyunjin eyes widen at the answer but brushes it off as he was still fuming at the fact that his brother couldn't trust him with such a secret. a twinkling under the balcony light catches his eyes as he looks to taehyung's finger and spots a big diamond ring on his finger, "uh-huh, explain that ring."

"pretty sure it's self-explanatory." jeongguk replies.

"you two are secretly engaged?!" hyunjin exclaims.

"yo, calm the fuck down! you want all of seoul to hear your loud ass expose us?!" taehyung seethes.

hyunjin rolls his eyes, "well sorry, but you guys just ended things so suddenly, and hyung you haven't even visited korea once when you were abroad, so excuse me for being surprised."

"well, now you know but please don't let anyone else know we're together—we're still at a crucial phase of it and i don't want people to be put in harm's way because we wanna be together."

the younger male scoffs, "who do you think i am? an idiot? of course, i'll keep it a secret, seeing as you both went to such great lengths to keep this hidden."

"thank you, hyun."

"yeah, yeah—make sure to come back inside quickly, it's almost time for changbin and i's toast." hyunjin reminds them and goes back inside the venue.

"that was a close call."

━━━━

"you took surprisingly long in the bathroom." mark speaks as soon as taehyung sits down in his seat.

"sorry, i had a phone call to make."

"uh-huh, to who?"

"yvette, a friend i made in america." taehyung answers as microphone feedback is heard from the front of the room.

a host holds onto the microphone as he smiles at the many tables that lined the large room, "um excuse me, the grooms have a few words to say. so let's hear it for future mr. and mr. seo." everyone applauds as the two males come onto the stage.

hyunjin held the microphone as he smiles brightly from the top of the stage, hand-linked with changbin's, "thank you all for coming to our rehearsal party! it's so nice to see old and new faces, especially on such a happy occasion. changbin and i would like to genuinely thank you all for taking the time to celebrate our upcoming marriage, it's makes me happy to be able to experience such an opportunity—i never saw myself getting married but i guess he just swept me off my feet." a bunches of awes came from around the room, "but anyways, changbin and i have something else important to say to everyone, especially to my family. i'm two months pregnant!"