Chapter Twenty-Four

@ ANGEL'S SEOUL

"how'd you know mom's favorite flowers?" jeongguk asks the petite male, as they walked into the hospital, arms linked together.

"you forgot that she is practically my best friend — don't tell mark i said that — but come on, why wouldn't i know her favorite flowers!" taehyung responds as he looks down at the beautiful bouquet of brightly-colored lilies, "are the others coming later?"

"yeah, said they'll drop by after they're done with the celebratory dinner that coach choi is holding." exiting the elevator the two walk down a corridor with private rooms held for exclusive patients.

the two poke their heads into a large room and saw that haewon was busy doing a check-up on yongsun's unconscious body, "how is she doing, auntie?" taehyung asks, alerting the doctor to look up and he puts down the vase of flowers carefully atop one of the tables.

"well, her brain activity has boosted and she seems responsive to tests, even sometimes moves her fingers a bit, some good news for you." the doctor explains, as she took the stethoscope off yongsun's chest.

"is there telling how long she'll be in this coma?"

"not sure, she could be unconscious for days, weeks, months even, but don't fret, she's showing signs of improvement, don't get your hopes down." haewon spoke gently, patting jeongguk's shoulder lightly as she dismissed herself from the private hospital room.

"don't stress too much ggukie, mom is a strong person, she'll get through this, i just know it." taehyung reassures his lover, as he gently back hugs the taller male, trying to comfort him in any way.

"i know jelly, i'm just worried about how she'll handle all of the blackmail and the stress of trying to find a new job ... i feel so useless not being able to help her. she's my mom, she's done everything for me my entire life — even when she couldn't physically be there for me, she has tried her best. i mean she even willingly took custody of jeongin, someone who's not her biological son, but takes care of him like he's her flesh and blood." jeongguk spoke solemnly, as he holds his mother's frail hand.

"she's a strong woman, even from when she had a little happy accident, she didn't once falter and still worked to become better to provide for herself and you. don't think so low jeongguk, as i said, mom is a strong character ... she wouldn't leave that easily." taehyung spoke, smiling as jeongguk turns to face him.

"what did i do to deserve such an amazing boyfriend?" jeongguk asks, wrapping his arms around taehyung's waist and pulling him closer to his own body, inhaling the enchanting smell of fresh jasmine and honeysuckle.

"young master jeon? there's a family of three that wishes to see ms. kim and you said to come to you before we allowed visitors in." a nurse spoke, popping her head into the room.

"did they say their names?" jeongguk asks as he lets go of his hold on taehyung.

"the man said that they are the jeon family."

what were they doing here? how did they possibly know of his mother falling into a coma? however they found out, their presence here wasn't going to be pleasant for him or either taehyung, he won't let his baby get bullied by them.

"alright, let them in but let them know they can't stay long, it's a direct order from me, mkay?"

"yes, young master." the nurse spoke and quickly exits the hospital suite to go retrieve said people.

"why are they here, ggukie?"

"don't know, all i know is that whenever they're around they always cause trouble, no doubt they're here to gloat about mom being in the hospital."