Chapter Sixteen

"i'm sorry, but who's getting married?!" taehyung shouts at chulsoo, feeling sudden rage course through his petite body, "jeongguk?! is that true?"

"of course, it's not! i don't even know that girl, a matter of fact, ain't no one knows who she is!" jeongguk yells out, anger displayed through his face and body language, "i've told you that i'm in a committed relationship and you still pull bullshit like this?! even at my boyfriend's birthday party?!"

"bro who even invited you?" jackson asks, directing the question at the older jeon.

"jackson, shut up." mark whispers to him.

"no mark, jackson's right," yongsun spoke up, turning to face the jeons, "who even invited you guys here? i distinctively remember hyejin only inviting my son and jeongin. not only did you show up uninvited, but you also brought along an unwanted guest! you people have no respect!" yongsun shouts, glaring at the chulsoo and the other two women.

"it's a new year, so i wanted to share the agenda of it to some of my fellow business partners-"

yongsun slaps chulsoo.

the sound resonated loudly in the large entertainment room, surprising the guests — not really, as he does deserves it, "i asked one thing from you tonight, that was to not fuck things up and what do you go and do, chulsoo?! it's like your brain can't comprehend a simple request!

did you have to go out of your way to practically ruin a nice party with your business bullshit?! also, who the actual fuck is this girl?! you're trying to tell everyone here that you ignored your son's boyfriend ... for a damn arranged marriage?"

"yongsun, you know someday it would come down to this, even when your son is gay — there's a problem with wanting heirs." mrs. jeon says.

"frankly mother, just say you hate us for being gay and go," jeongin spoke up bitterly, looking at his mother.

"jeongin, i am your mother! don't use that tone with me!" mrs. jeon retorts back at her son's behavior.

"i consider yongsun more of my mother than you!" jeongin shouts at the woman, seungmin trying his best to hold him back from lunging at his mother.

everyone watches as the two fight continuously, not caring that people were watching the toxicity of their family perspire, honestly the high school kids just started to kick back and watch the scene.

mark sips on his iced coffee as he watches the jeon family fight. i don't even know where he gets his icy beverage from anyway.

"innie, you don't mean that-" jeongin's mother tries to speak, but is interrupted.

"yes, i do! when was the last time you were ever involved in my life, after i learned how to talk and walk, huh? i was watched over by nannies, the butlers, and maids, but never by my mother and even my father. we haven't spent one holiday together as a family, i've spent those with hyung and his mom!

tonight was supposed to be about taehyung hyung's birthday and us celebrating the new year, but like always, jeon chulsoo just had to be the center of attention, right father?!"

damn, everyone was in awe at the sudden outburst coming from the youngest of the jeons.

"now you're deciding on his own life decisions when he's a grown-ass man? you people make me sick!" jeongin yells out.