Chapter 4

I woke up on my bed and Adam was playing Flappy Bird in his phone. I sat up and so did he.he touched the side of my face.

"Carie are you alright?" he said caressing me.

"Is this all true? Am I not human? Are you not human?" I screamed.

"Shh, the whole world can hear you." he whispered. " We are half human, cmon I'll prove it,"he grabbed my wrist and took my to the pond across the street.

"Won't everybody see?" I say

"It's three in the morning Carie!" he said. "now think of what you want the water to do."

I thought of it rising out of form. then a sharp tingle came from my hands. I saw the water rise and quickly fall in the water again

"Holy Shit!" I say out loud. Damn I didn't mean to say that out loud. I cover my mouth.

"Look Carie you did it!" Adam shouted. "watch this," he ran around the pond so fast he was back in a second. there was a fire trail where he ran. I got wide eyed .

"Put it out with the pond water." he said. I thought of the water rising and spreading out to cover the fire. Slowly the water rose and spread out so far. it just sat there. I looked at my hands and they were in the air.

Adam touched my wrists and brought them down to my waist. As he did that the water fell.

"You control it all In your hands," he said to me "and in your mind. You'll get used to it. I'm proud of you Carie."

He hugged me. I took him off and kissed him for one second.

"I'm sorry," I said ashamed. he shook his head and kissed me again, but longer. I stopped..

"Thank you for helping me," I said. He kissed me once more before we went home.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

Zoey came home about an hour later. I can't call her mom anymore. She walks in in the house with a whole bunch of bags.

"Hey sweetheart who's this boy?" She pointed at Adam who hadn't left yet.

"She uh knows Ms. Ernwood," Adam says. How does Adam know my "mother".

"Carie? I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I had no choice to keep it a secret." Mo- Zoey said.

"It's just that... All I know is that my life is a lie," I scream. I didn't mean to scream. I felt guilty and I ran up to my room. Someone followed me, because u heard footsteps run up behind me.

I slammed my door like I was in a tantrum. it opened two seconds later when Adam came in.

"Why me?" I said.

"Your special, I've never seen anything like it before. When you get near water, you light up with power. Just like I do when I get near heat."

"How did you know about me.? My powers?"

"My dad told me about you. Our moms were best friends in power school."

"What's that?" I say.

"We'll have to go someday, it's really fun." He chuckled

"When did you find out you have powers?"

"Four years ago when I was 14," he said. He was eighteen and I was seventeen.

"I can't believe this I don't know who I am anymore," I shake my head and cover my eyes. Adam takes my hands off my face.

"I know exactly who you are. Your Amazing!" He kisses me and lays me down on my bed. I run my fingers through his hair. he rubs my back.

Is this real. Could I really be making out with the guy of my dreams? Or is this all in a dream?!?!