Chapter 15

We left the Galla because we were probably going to be kicked out by going in there soaked anyway. We walk to Limousine where the driver was waiting reading a book.

"Did you have a nice night?" He asked.

"You can say that," Adam said. The driver smiled and drove off.

In the car it was an awkward silence. There was the faint sound of the classical music playing in the car.

"Pull over at this gas station please," Adam broke the silence. I looked over the dashboard and saw that the limo had full gas. I looked at Adam confused.

The driver pulls over and parks.

"I'll be right back," Adam said. He got out the car and walked into the convenience store. I looked at the driver.

"He your boyfriend?" he asked. I blushed.

"Maybe," I shrug. He shakes his head and smiles. He opens the middle compartment and diggs through it. He pulls out some napkins.

He offers them to me. I take them and ask...

"What are these for?"

"You have mascara all over your face," he gestured. I blushed and wiped my face off.

Soon Adam came back with a bag full of stuff. I couldn't tell what it was though. He came in with a smile.

"Okay let's go," he said.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

We arrive at my house first. Adam walk me up to my door and tells the driver he can get home from here.

The driver leaves. We walk in my house and Adam sits down.

"ZOeeyY, I'm home!!!" I yell. Her car was parked outside so I knew she was home, but I didn't get a reply. I go upstairs to see if she's asleep.

I go into her room and- OH MY GOD- Zoey is on the ground dead with pills.

"OH MY FUCKING- SHIT!!!!" I scream. My body shakes and I feel nauseous. Adam comes upstairs and runs in the room. He quickly picks up the phone and dails the police.

"Hi my name is-"

I tone out his voice and just look at Zoey. People say they look asleep when they're dead, but not Zoey. She just looked dead. All I could do was cry.

Why? Why would you kill yourself you son of a bitch? Adam hung up the phone and sat beside me rubbing my back.

I cry so much, my tears make a puddle in my dress. It quickly turns to a sweat shirt and blue jeans. I didn't notice. I just noticed the dead woman in front of me.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

The police arrived and disposed of her body. My tears had stopped but the pain stayed in me. This tall burly man came up to me.

"Are you Carie Ernwood? Hi I'm from the FCD. The Federal Children Decancy."

"What do you want?" Adam said trying to make things better.

"I'm afraid to tell you that you are not eligible to live here without a legal adult. You are either going to have to find somewhere else to stay or go to our teen orphanage," the man says.

"I can find somewhere to stay," he nods and walks away.

"I guess you can live with your mom," Adam says.

"No I can't she lives underwater, and I can't breathe that well." I say.

"You can stay with me," he offers.

"What about your mom?" I ask.

"She lives uptown now, you'll be fine," he says.

"I guess,"

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

We arrive at Adams house. The firefighters that came to my house wrapped me in a blanket. I still had that. Adam had his arm around me.

Adam stooped to unlock the door with his keys. I'd just remembered what just happened. Zoey was dead. I'm practically homeless. I broke down. I fell to the ground with my legs feeling weak. I started to cry again.

Adam turned around and knelt down and hugged me. He picked me up and helped me walk inside. We got in the door and Jim was on the couch drinking a beer, watching t.v.

He quickly gets up and comes to me. I look up at him with my eyes full of tears. Then Jim looks at Adam.

"Catherine?" He asks.

"No," Adam says.

"Oh, okay," Jim says. There suddenly is a silence. Adam walks me down to his basement and we sit on a couch.

"Why? Why would she..." I sobbed, no finishing my sentence.

"I'm so sorry Carie," he says calmly. We sit there until Jim comes down and says we need to get some sleep. Adam helped me up and brought me to a bedroom.

"You can stay here. It was my mom's room, but we can make it the way you want," he said.

"It's fine," I say. I get in bed and cover myself. Adam kisses me on my forehead.

"Night,"

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

I woke up to the t.v. I got up and pulled my hair back into a quick ponytail. Feeling weak I managed to get up and leave the bedroom. I made my way to the staircase upstairs.

I went upstairs and Him was eating breakfast.i walked over to him.

"Morning Carie," he said to me. I smiled.

"I hope there are no hard feelings," he said making a frown.

"About what?" I said

"Your...uh... your arm," he stuttered. I had totally forgot about my arm. I looked at it and the atone was turning black. What? Why is it...?

"It's not your fault Mr. Jim," I say cutting my train of thought.

"I know it wasn't, but I feel responsible for being there," he said. "In return you are happy to stay here as long as you like,"

"Thank you Mr. Jim," that was really all I could say.

Me and Jim talked for a while. Soon Adam came downstairs from the second floor. he had bed head and his pajamas were ripped. I can't lie, he looked hot.

"Morning dad, morning Carie," he muttered. Jim smiled.

"Hi," I said.

"What you two want to eat?" Jim said.

"I'm good dad," Adam said.

"Me too, thank you though," I replied.

"Okay then," he looked at his watch and got wide-eyed, "Oh crap you two better be get going to P.S!!!"

"Oh, I forgot, cmon Carie," Adam took my hand and we ran to his car.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

It had been thirty minutes in the car. Usually it only takes ten to get to Oakwood forest.

"We are not going to Power school are we?" I asked.

"Took you long enough to figure out," he chuckled.

"So where are we going?" I asked

"On a date,"