Chapter 14

When I finally let go of Adam, he kissed me and we walked back outside. We sit on the porch and he rubs my thigh.

"You know I uh... I didn't give you that makeover because I thought you weren't pretty right?" He stuttered.

"Yeah I know," I said.

"Carie, I love you no matter what you look like," he grabbed my chin and kissed me on the nose. I smiled.

"I love you too," I say.

"Guess what!" He said.

"What?" I asked.

"I got this in the mail today," he handed me a letter that read...

Elemental ball 4/13/15
Elementals only.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go?" He asked.

"That's tomorrow and I have nothing nice to wear," I complained.

"Just use your water forming thing, I would if the fire outfits weren't so ugly," he said.

"I guess I can do that," I replied.

Soon Adam's phone rang. He answered it as soon as he saw who it was.

"Yeah what's up?" He said.
"Uh huh. Okay. I'll be right there," he hung up.

"That was my dad, he needs my help back at home. I'll leave you too what you are going to wear tomorrow," he said.

"Okay see you later!"

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

I work up to a loud scream. I quickly struggled to get up and ran downstairs.
I go in the kitchen and Zoey is standing in form of the fridge covering her mouth.

I look in the freezer and see about 10 dead rats in the freezer. I almost barf.

"Zoey? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah.... yeah I'm fine now," she said running her fingers through her hair. I ran over to the phone and dailed the exterminators.

"Hello, This is pest control, how can we help you?" The phone said.

"Hi, My freezer is covered in dead rodents, we need someone to clean it out," I told them our address and they said they would be there in thirty minutes.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

Pest control finally left. I went to the living room and sat beside Zoey.

"I got invited to a ball tonight," I said.

"That's great! What are you going to wear?"

"I'm not sure yet. I was going t-"

"Cmon,, I'll help you," she interrupted. She took my hand and we went to my room. She started digging through my closet.

"Uh I can just do this," I showed her the clothes thing I can't do with my powers.

"Okay, let's see what you have in mind,"

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

"THATS THE ONE!" She screamed. She had picked a huge ballgown that had white glitter and was light blue. We had literally been doing this for hours and it was thirty minutes before Adam would be here to pick me up.

"Great, now I have no time to do my make up or hair," I complained.

"Can't you just do the thing you do with your clothes. I had never thought of that. Curly hair. Light makeup.

I saw sparks go around my face. I looked in the mirror. Wow I look good!

"Let's go to a ball,"

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

The doorbell rang and Zoey answered it for me.

"Cairreeee!!!! Adams here!!!!!" She yelled.

"I'm coming!!!!" I said struggling to find my phone. I grabbed it off my dresser, put it in my purse, and walked to the stairs.

I was walking down the stairs. I saw Adams face. His jaw was to the floor. He was wearing a tux.

"Hi," I said simply.

"Wow! You look.... outstanding!" he said.

"Thanks," I blushed. There was a long silence. Zoey broke that silence.

"Well you too better be going ," she said pushing us out the door. We walked down the driveway into A LIMO!!!

"You rented a limo!" I said,

"Yeah, we have to ride in style," he said opening the door for me to get in. We got in and the Limo driver said...

"Where to next Ms. and Mr. Flasker?" He said. I blushed hella hard that time.

"To the East Galla," Adam said. "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be,"

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

We arrived at the Galla. it had limos everywhere. There was a long red carpet full of people. Adam linked his harm with mine, I felt his tight muscle.

"Wow! This place looks amazing," I said. We walked in together. We went down this long staircase. I'm so going to screw something up. I'm gonna fall or make a fool out of myself. Damnit.

We got down on the ballroom floor. I was so stunned by the beautiful scenery, I totally forgot about Adam. I turned around and he has his hand out gesturing for me to dance. I grabbed his hand and we danced.

That's all we did was dance. I guess we were lost in the moment. I looked up from Adams face and saw that we were the only ones on the floor and everyone else was watching us.

I looked back on Adams face. he had a big smirk. Soon a slow song came on. I put my hands around his neck and laid my head on his chest. He put his chin on my head.

The song was over. There was an awkward
silence in the room as a loud clucking of heels down the hall. That's whenI saw this Adams mom come over to me. She looked confused and angry at the same time.

"YOYRE NOT AN ELEMENTAL!!! You some half human who thinks she is special," she said. Why was she here. She called me out for revenge of her divorce. This was her revenge.

I didn't feel special anymore. I don't know what happened. I got so frustrated I ran out of the ballroom and back up the long staircase. I could feel my mascara on my cheeks.

I heard footsteps behind me. It was probably Adam chasing me. I didn't want him to see me crying. I ran until I thought I lost him.

I sat outside in the front of the Galla. It was raining. Nobody was out there anymore. "Everyone was inside, probably laughing at me.

I saw Adam run outside. I quickly wiped my eyes to get the mascara off my face. He sat next to me and put his arm around me.

"She- she humiliated me," I sobbed as I started to cry again.

"Don't listen to her, she is a bitch and just doesn't like water elementals," he said trying to comfort me.

"But she's right, I'm not a full
elemental. I can't hardly breath in water. I don't deserve you," I said.

Adam looked at me sternly. He gazed into my eyes that were filled with tears. He didn't even smile.

"I don't want you ever to say that again. You are amazing. I don't care if your half human or fully mortal, I will always love you," he said.

My passion grew and my sadness weakened. I had a strong feeling in my body. I couldn't help myself but to kiss him.

He put his hand on my wet face. Together wet we sat there with our lips touching. He stopped and fixed the tiniest strand of hair out of my face. I kissed him, loving him, holding him, all he did the same.