Chapter 13

I go home and I get ready for bed. Zoey wasn't home so I ate pretty much everything in the fridge. I had skipped lunch so I was practically starved.

After I put on my sleep clothes, my phone vibrates. Its Adam.

"Hey gorgeous! I thought you were gonna call me?" He said.

"I was after I got some beauty sleep. How do you think I look this gorgeous?" I joked.

"Funny, alright goodnight," he said.

"Night," I said.

"Night," he said.

"Omg! Let me sleep you meanie!" I shouted. he chuckled and hung up. Man was I exhausted

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

I woke up to Zoey's hairdryer. I went into her room and she turned off the hairdryer.

"Hey, good morning," she said to me.

"Hey," I said.

"Where were you yesterday? I came hoe and you weren't there so I went back to work," she explained.

"I was with mom," I said.

"Speaking of that I need to show you something," she got up and walked to her closet. I followed her.

She pulled out a shoe box and gave it to me. She smiled. " Go open it in your room,"

I walked back down the hallway and sat on my bed. I oped the box slowly. In it was rings and love letters that were wrote to my mom by this guy. Is this my moms stuff? Is this guy my dad?

I took out a picture of a young couple. The girl looked like my mom. I closed the box and walked downstairs.

I took the box on my porch. I set it on my lap and stared at the kids playing at the park across the street.

I hear a car coming up the street. I don't recognize who it is until I see Tasha get out. She walks over to me slowly.

"Hey C!" she says.

"Hey, are you mad at me?" I ask.

"No, so you really have.... powers," she whispers as she sits beside me.

"Yeah," I pull out the picture of my mom. "this is my real mom,"

"I'm happy for you C. Changing the subject, what is your relationship with Adam?"

"You could say we are-" I started when I see Adam walking up the street.

"Say we're what!?!?" He said with a huge smirk. He sits beside me so I'm in the middle of the two of them.

"More than friends is what I was going to say Mr. Nosie," I said with a laugh.

"Well I better get home, leave you too alone, with nothing to do, alone," Tasha said as she got in her car and drove away.

Adam put his arm around me, "whatcha got there sweetlips?" He asked me.

"My moms old stuff," I sad opening the box. He took one of the rings out. "This is the ring my mom was given by your dad," he said.

"I guess my dad was a cheapskate," I said. Adam put the ring back in the box. I put the lid back on. I looked over at Adam to see that he was staring at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I blushed.

"Can I give you a makeover?" He asked.

"Why?" I said.

"You look to much like your mom, its makes me feel like I like to make out with your mom," he said.

"I guess you can," I said. He led me into my house and into my room. I sat down and he started to do my hair.

"Do you know what you are doing?" I asked.

"Trust me!" He said playing with my ponytail.

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

He finished by putting hairspray on my head. He kissed his hand and held up the perfect symbol with his fingers.

"My work here is done," he said. I looked in the mirror at myself. My make up was gorgeous and my hair was flawless.

"OMG ADAM I LOVE IT! THANK YOU!" All I could do was get up and hug him. He kisses my head and hugs me tighter.

"Your welcome," he says. I was so happy I couldn't let go of him. And I didn't, I just stood there in his arms.