Chapter 25

I wake up to two voices. Adams and someone very familiar. Then Adams voice fades and then stops and there is only one voice left. I get up still wearing the clothes I had on. I walk downstairs and there is Adam in a giant bubble controlled by a familiar face. Tarek.

"Who are you?" He says.

"His.....sister," I lie. I don't trust him. I won't tell him that I know him either. I look over at Adam and he is screaming but his voice is silent.

"Liar," he says throwing a bubble at me.  I look around everything is a tinted blue. "Puny fire elementals,"
He doesn't know that I am a water element too?  I walk out of the bubble and pop Adams.

"WHAT IMPOSSIBLE!" He yells. He chucks more bubbles and water crystals at me but the bounce off my skin.

"BACK UP OR  I'LL KILL HIM," Tarek makes an orb from his palm and aims at Adam who is frozen in shock.

"Tarek why are you here?" I say.

"You know me?" He says. I nod. "Well this boy knows Catherine Waves. Do you?" He says. I nod not saying that she is my mom.

"Well if I can't hurt you, then I'll use my fists," he said throwing me a punch and a kick, me falling against the wall. My vision goes blurry and I see Adam run up to him  

"DON'T TOUCH HER!"

"CARIE!!!! CARIE!!!!"

👾
A week later

Tarek Robbins a longtime lawyer was recently arrested for the breaking and entering of Catrina Underwood and Adam Flasker. They were both brutally injured and Catrina was unconscious for a period of time. Oddly the house was drenched in water and the landscape was singed.

I turned the news off not wanting to hear any more. I looked over at Adam who was asleep on the couch. He must have been tired from us discussing our wedding. I laid next to him and kissed him not he forehead. I felt him awake.

"Sorry," I said not meaning to wake him up.

"Carie, I'm sorry for letting him hurt you," he sniffled. I kissed him again and he hugged me tightly.

"Why was he here?"

"He said he was a friend of yours so I let him in. Then next thing I know I'm in a bubble. I tried to escape but it hurt when I tried."

"Oh...." That's all I could say. He got up and carried me to my bed and tucked me in. He laid next to me and we drifted off to sleep.

👾

"I'm sorry that happened to you honey," mom said.

"It's okay mom. He is in jail now." I say. Mom had come over for lunch and I told her about Tarek.

"Well let's talk about something more positive, what about your wedding?" She says.

"Adam wanted to wait until we graduated P.S and then we could have the wedding. I thought that was okay. Mom......I was going to ask you......."

"Yes?"

"Can I invite dad?"

"Sure,"

👾

14 years later

Carie and Adam were married and had two girls and a boy. Tasha was diagnosed with Cancer and Jasmine died from being burned by a fire elemental. Catherine and Lawrence remarried and now live together.

The End