Chapter VII - Yass Queen?

The entire squad was already sat ready and waiting by the time you made it in. You had held back to try and compose yourself. It had kind of worked but you were still quietly shaking as you took your seat next to Amy. Holt entered directly after you. You thanked God that you at least weren't late. His presence was intimidating but not scary. You wished you could command a room as he could, but you could barely keep yourself in check let alone anyone else. He stood at the podium and paused before addressing everyone.

"I, Captain Holt, did not call this meeting so I will now be passing over to Detective Jake Peralta."

With that he stepped to the side of the room as Jake walked up, placing a rainbow badge on his shirt pocket. You noticed this and realised that this was truly the moment you were actually going to tell your new precinct what you had hidden for most of your life. As Jake reached the front, he gestured to you.

"Y/N has something they would like to tell us all. So um, listen to what they have to say."

God even Jake was nervous now which really didn't help you as you were trying to calm down. You could feel your hands begin to get clammy before looking back at the squad and standing up. Your knees felt so shaky like you were only just learning how to stand. You made a feeble attempt at clearing your throat before addressing the squad.

"So I... Well, you see... I'm gay."

The whole squad looked at you, not with disapproval or hatred but almost a newfound respect. Jake was at the front giving you a double thumbs up and Amy was next to you already getting up and putting her arm around you for a side hug, Holt cleared his throat before looking at you.

"Detective Y/N, I know you haven't been with us for a very long time, but you are part of the family. Thank you for sharing this with us. I am glad everyone is taking it so well and what do the gays say?" He paused before smiling.

"Yass queen"

You and the rest of the squad looked back at Holt motionless. You knew he was gay, but you didn't expect him to say that.

"Thank you, Sir"

You meant it with the utmost sincerity. This couldn't have gone any better. As you looked around the room you noticed Rosa watching you, with a new intrigue as you made your way over to Holt. As you got to Holt you held out your hand for a handshake. He pushed it away before bringing you in for a hug. You hugged him back, even more shocked than when he had said 'Yass queen'. He stared back at you after the hug.

"Y/N, it's standing up and being your true self like this that makes me happy to have you on the squad."

You now couldn't even try and hide the smile smacked on your face.

Everyone was slowly filtering out, but you noticed Rosa hanging behind. You walked over to her, now fascinated by what she was going to say.

"Did you want to go on a walk?"

As the words left her mouth you looked back at her, completely aghast.

"To talk about our new case together of course."

Her arm was now outstretched with a file, her nails perfectly painted in a deep red. You took it from her before looking at the front. Opening it, you immediately realised it was gang related. Not good. You let out a sigh, before remembering Rosa's question.

"Yeah sorry, I'd love to. Leave in 10?"

She nodded before making her way back to her desk. You, however, quickly placed the case file on your desk, before excusing yourself to the bathroom. If you'd stayed near her any longer, you knew the gay panic would've completely taken over.