Chapter VIII - Runaway Bike

The walk in the park with Rosa was much less eventful than you had imagined. You didn't talk a lot, but it was a comfortable silence. The sun was warm and welcoming, and it also meant you got a chance to see Rosa's muscular arms that were no longer hidden by her jacket. Maybe the weather getting hotter wasn't such a bad thing?

Rosa paused to look back at you partway through the walk, her eyes quickly glancing at your lips before looking back into your eyes slightly worried.

"Listen Y/N are you gonna be okay with this case? I don't know much about your undercover work, but from what I've heard it was some pretty serious shi*t."

You hadn't expected her to care, but it did make you smile to know that your partner through this was looking out for you. You looked back at her dead serious.

"I've been thinking about it. It's thrown me in at the deep end, but I'm ready. Heck if anything I'm just more prepared for the messed-up stuff we're about to see."

You spoke to her in such a calm and collected manner she began to realise how serious of a cop you were. Being the resident badass of the nine-nine meant that Rosa was not expecting that at all. She had never looked down on you, but your jokey demeanor had meant she was worried you wouldn't knuckle down and see the severity of this case. In the space of one short conversation, she had seen you in a new light and was now just as excited, even if not quite as nervous.

You both continued your walk, until you realised that you had been out for almost two hours. As you turned around to head back to the precinct, a cyclist came speeding past. Rosa instinctively grabbed your arm and yanked you out of the reckless path of the bike, accidentally pulling you close into her chest. You looked into her eyes before pulling yourself back to steady yourself. A light hue of pink appeared on her cheeks. You thought about how utterly adorable she looked before getting slapped back into reality by her berating the now terrified cyclist.

"YOU IDIOT! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO RIDE A BIKE?!?!"

As she screamed this, the cyclist let out a nervous hiccup before vomiting next to his bike. He was completely pissed. Rosa pulled out a pair of handcuffs whilst you picked up his bike trying to avoid the pile of sick. You didn't want to smell like the inside of a nightclub bathroom for the rest of the day. Rosa laughed as you sheepishly wheeled the bike whilst she tried to guide the now mildly sobered man back to the nine-nine.

Despite the smell of puke which still lingered, you wouldn't trade your walk with Rosa for the world.