Chapter XII - Date Night (Pt 2)

The restaurant Rosa had chosen was so fancy it even had valet parking. As you hand your car keys to the valet slightly worried as your car was one of the only things you really cared about, Rosa being another, you head inside the restaurant.

You're immediately greeted by the maître d' who asks for your booking name explaining if you hadn't booked there would be a 2 hour wait. You smile at this wondering how Rosa had managed to get you a table.

"It should be under the name Diaz," Rosa says confidently, all whilst not taking her eyes off you. You wondered if you should've dressed fancier, but as you looked around the place you realised it was filled with younger socialites and hipsters. The maître d' welcomed you in and showed you to your table which had an amazing view of the kitchen. You began to wonder how Rosa had got the best table on such short notice. Your question was soon answered by a suave gentleman exiting the kitchen. He had long dark brown hair which was tied in a bun and a well-groomed beard. His face looked like it was sculpted by the gods and even though you were with Rosa and didn't want anyone else, you could see why someone would date a man as he sauntered over to your table.

"Rosa, it has been too long" you hear him say in a smooth Italian accent. His eyes looked over to you. "Are you not going to introduce me to your beautiful date?"

"Oh sorry, Angelo this is my date Y/N. Y/N this is Angelo"

Angelo smiles at you before taking your hand and planting a small kiss on your knuckles.

"Any friend of Rosa's is a friend of mine. She helped me when I was at my lowest and now look where I am. Your meal is all paid for tonight."

Rosa tried to interject but Angelo was already waving his hands about and dismissing whatever she was about to say.

"Rosa you must let other people do nice things for you." He says before giving her a hug and walking back to the kitchen. You look at Rosa completely in awe. The more you get to know her the cooler you realised she is.

"Okay Rosa you have to tell me the story of how you two met."

"It was about two years ago now. He had just been busted as an accomplice in a massive drug bust, but it was only weed and I could tell he was only doing it because he had been caught up with the wrong people. At the time he had only just moved to America and I knew if he was sent to prison, he would soon find himself back in Italy. That didn't seem so bad until I found out he left Europe to start a new life after his husband had been killed. He wanted a fresh start in a new country, and I know how important that can be. I did some digging and found enough evidence to prove that he had been blackmailed into doing everything and he got off with a year of community service. After that, I helped him back on his feet so he could start this restaurant."

"Wow I mean, you really are secretly a nice person Miss Diaz"

"Don't tell anyone" she says winking at you.

After deciding what to order (you went with the penne arrabbiata ad rosa decided to get the wintergreen risotto), you start talking to Rosa about your different cases. You eventually get onto the topic of your time undercover.

"I don't want to ask you anything gruesome don't worry Y/N, but I was wondering do you have any fond memories of your time undercover?"

"Oh, actually there is one moment that always makes me smile. I had to help out my boss with his kid's birthday party"

~~flashback~~

A clown stumbles past you as you help show kids to their tables for food. Everyone is smiling, even the guys you work with. You've seen them pull teeth out of a grown man's face while he was still awake and yet no one looked out of place at an 8-year-olds princess party. Some of them had even donned a tiara or fairy wings. You chuckled to yourself at the sight of these grown men before ushering the last of the small children to their seats.