Chapter XX - It's Dark in Here

T/W: kidnapping and violence

~~Time skip 3 months~~

Your eyes began to peel open, the bright lights piercing through the dried blood that was sticking your eyelashes together. The pain had become numbing, and you began to wonder how long you'd be stuck in this concrete cube. All that was between you and the floor was a rusted metal chair, which you had been bound to with thick ropes. Clearly, whoever had done it knew what they were doing.

The outside world felt like it had slipped from your grasp. All this time in the same room with barely any food and little to no contact with another human left you dishevelled and hopeless. Gone were the coffee dates and car rides with Rosa, no more dumb pranks with Jake, and no more of Amy showing off her new binder collection.

A familiar face walked into the room, his tall stature looming over you. A sinister smile etched across his face as he knelt to look at you. A single strand of hair fell across your face, as you tried to pull against the restraints to get away from him. His hand quickly swept across your face, delivering a powerful backhand making your jaw clatter together. A pool of blood welled in your mouth as he let out a dry chuckle. You tried to spit it back at him but ended up with most of it going down your front.

"That's no way to treat your good friend Kimble now, is it?"

His words echoed through your mind as the exhaustion kicked in. You struggled as he held your face to look up at his.

"When are you going to get it in your head that no one is coming for you? Soon you'll be useless to us too and that's when your sad little life will come to an end."

He said the final words, thrusting your entire body back, and watched as you toppled to the floor still trying to wiggle free from the chair. Your head smashed hard into the concrete as you struggled to keep hold of your conscience. As Kimble took one last look at you, spitting down at your face, the world began to go back to black.

~~Back at the nine-nine~~

Rosa looked down at her hands. Her nail beds were destroyed and bleeding yet again from her picking at them from the nerves of you being missing. What had started as a complete squad manhunt to look for you had slowly gone down to just her. Everyone wanted to help, but the entire precinct would've gone under if they hadn't started going back to solving other cases. Rosa knew this, but it didn't help with the anger she felt when looking up to your desk and realising it was still exactly the same and just as empty as the day before.

Going over the facts she knew before, she began to notice something she hadn't before. The party was held in New York, but a small group of the gang resided in a small warehouse on the edge of Queens.

It wasn't much, but it was a lead.