Chapter XVII - Nap Time

It had been two days since your meetup with Kimble. You and Rosa had spent all your time sifting through the evidence he had given you and other things you had found yourselves. It was completely exhausting, but you had to get it done before the Warehouse party the gang was hosting. The evidence room wasn't exactly the best work environment, but you had to stay in a secure location whilst working with everything. Looking over at Rosa you could see she was just as tired as you were.

"Hey Y/N, do you want to sneak off and take a nap?"

"Definitely, but it would take too long to get to either of our apartments, sleep and be back before someone notices"

Rosa smirked looking at you dead in the eyes.

"Okay I'm going to tell you something Y/N but you can't tell anyone."

"I promise."

"Not even Santiago. I mean it Y/N."

This made you pause. Apart from the small fact that you and Rosa were dating, you told each other everything.

"Rosa... This better be good if it means keeping more secrets from Amy. But I stand by what I said. I promise I won't tell anyone."

"Follow me."

She grabbed your hand and pulled you through a corridor you barely recognised, stopping halfway through.

"This room is our saving grace."

She pointed at a door that was nothing special. A small metal five was the only thing that distinguished it from the others. Holding the handle, she swung the door open to reveal a dark room with nothing but a sofa and some blankets. Your face lit up.

"Diaz you sneaky genius!"

Still holding your hand, she followed you over to the sofa, kicking off her shoes and snuggling up next to you. With Rosa's arms wrapped around you, you felt completely safe and happy. All the stress from the case and everything to come seemed to disappear.

"I love you Diaz" you mumbled on the verge of sleep. As soon as the words left your mouth you immediately regretted it. You had loved her from the minute you walked into the Bullpen, but your relationship was so new. What if she didn't feel the same? What if she thought this was way more of a casual thing? You could feel yourself begin to panic and sweat.

"I love you too Y/N. Honestly sounds crazy to say that to you soon, but it's never felt so right."

You smiled leaning back into Rosa's body, relaxed once again. You weren't yet official, but as soon as Rosa was ready to tell everyone you knew that would happen. For now you were just happy falling asleep in the arms of the woman you loved.