Chapter XVIII - Preparation is Key

It was the day before the party which meant one thing. An entire day of mission briefing and safety talks. Part of you was fine with that because you knew you and Jake would spend the entire time laughing and making jokes about everything, especially the CPR dummy. You had both already quoted 'The Office' about 20 times after seeing it get carried in. Something about its terrifying face and the lack of limbs never failed to make you absolutely lose it. After being told for the tenth time not to play catch with the lifeless dummy, you and Jake made your way to where everyone was going to get a rundown on the events tomorrow.

~~The Plan~~

Detective Diaz will join undercover agent Kimble at 6:30. They will drive to the party together. Detective Diaz will have a wire, Kimble will not. Kimble will be carrying fire arms, Diaz will not.

Detective Y/N and Santiago will be in an unmarked vehicle near the party. They will be part of the first response with a S.W.A.T team. Detectives Boyle, Peralta, and Captain Holt will be in a surveillance van, their main job is to make sure everything goes smoothly and listen out for the codeword.

Codeword: Jack Daniels

Once everyone is arrested, return immediately to the precinct. Paramedics will be on standby.

~~~~

You look at Jake. "The codeword should be something cooler."

"Yeah like 'Battlestar Galactica' or 'Yippie-Ki-Yay, Motherfucker!'"

"Damn they're some way better options, we should've decided what it was gonna be."

Rosa turned around looking at you and Jake with a look of complete disapproval. "Those being your go-to options are exactly why you weren't asked to help."

Jake pretended to pout as you giggled at the two of them. Amy glanced back to see the stupid face Jake was making and joined in with you laughing. Rosa, now done with actually making people happy, stood up and walked out, back into the bullpen. Amy's attention, now directed to you, began to make you nervous.

"So Y/N, what snacks do you want for tonight?"

You let out a sigh of relief, every time someone spoke to you after you were with Rosa your immediate reaction was to assume they were going to ask if the two of you were dating. Luckily, whilst Rosa was also a snack, Amy was just talking about food.

"Oh um, maybe we could grab some McDonald's?"

"Good idea, there's one on the way too."

Jake's pout was now not fake. "No fair Amy, you're my girlfriend and you NEVER let me get McDonald's when I'm with you."

"Okay that's true, but it's only because you already have it for half your lunches."

Jake slumped back into his chair defeated.

"Besides, I clearly love Y/N more" Amy winked at Jake, before hugging you and walking off to her desk.

"Don't worry Jake, I'll go to Maccy's with you some other time"

"I'm holding you to that Y/N"

You shot Jake a thumbs up before going to get yourself sized up for a bulletproof vest.