Jungin sat on my lap, engrossed in watching Paw Patrol on my phone - his favorite cartoon

Jungin sat on my lap, engrossed in watching Paw Patrol on my phone - his favorite cartoon. We were returning to the States, and the mixed emotions of leaving the country I'd called home for almost half of my life were weighing on me. I missed Jennie, even though she was upset with me for not being entirely truthful. I didn't want her to be angry, especially since she was pregnant.

As for Jungkook, I was making these decisions for myself and for Jungin. Call me selfish, but taking away his son was a necessary move to protect him from danger. I couldn't risk having a criminal father for Jungin, even if Jungkook didn't know about him yet.

(A/N: Girl, remember he doesn't even know about Jungin?)

After a 7-hour flight, we finally arrived home. Jungin's nanny took him upstairs since he had fallen asleep during the plane journey. I went to the living room with our luggage, feeling exhausted from the trip. I lay down on the couch and soon found myself dozing off.

Weeks passed by, and life became quiet and peaceful, despite it not being a complete family. I was enjoying an ice cream at the kitchen island when I received an email from an unknown account. Intrigued, I opened it and found a message from a company. Why did they want me to visit? What did they want to discuss? I had questions, and the only way to find answers was to go there. So, I emailed them back, confirming my availability for a meeting the next day.

Later, while having my hair extended at the salon, I remembered the email and decided to read it. The unknown company wanted me to visit their office. Why? Were they offering me a job? My curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to go.

Returning home late from a museum visit with co-workers, I checked on Jungin, who was peacefully asleep. I sat by his side, caressing his hair gently, and whispered my goodnight.

The next day, I parked my car and entered the luxurious building of the unknown company. It was more massive than expected, and I felt a sudden nervousness. A woman, presumably in her forties, greeted me in impeccable English. She guided me to the president's office, leaving me alone in front of the door.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and walked into the spacious, opulent office. The president swiveled around in his chair, smirking as his eyes locked onto mine. The sight of him left me frozen - my heart raced, and my world seemed to stop.

"Nice to meet you again, doll."