ST: The Cop's Lovestory - Part 2

One evening Sathyadev and Esha were watching tv.Sensing her good mood,he raised the topic.

D: Sweetheart,what is your opinion about Thenmozhi?

With a beaming grin on her innocent face,she looked at him.

E: She's so sweet!Very kind and friendly!Time flies when I'm with her..I love her a lot!🤗

A smile escaped his lips.

D: Would you want her to stay with us permanently in our house?

E: Wow!I would love that appa!But she can't leave her parents to be with us no...

D: She can...if I marry her...

She looked at him in question.Sathyadev held her hands in his.Facing her,

D: I wish to marry her but with your permission only...

Her eyes glistened trying to absorb his words.He framed her face in his hands.

D: Esha,my darling...you ok?🥺

E: You'll send me away?😢

He felt a wrench in his gut when he heard those words from her.

D: No no never!I would never do that or even think of sending you away...you are my life!

Tears rolling down her cheeks,she looked over his shoulder.Sathyadev followed her line of vision to Hemanika's photo.He wiped Esha's tears away.

D: You know what...forget what I said just now...erase everything from you heart ok baby?You are there for me,I am there for you.We'll be like this.

She hugged him.After a while she fell asleep on his lap.He carried her to his room and tugged her in bed then called Thenmozhi.

T: Tell me Dev...

D: I spoke to Esha...she...she isn't comfortable about having you in Hema's place...

T: I guessed as much..😞

D: I'm sorry Thenmozhi..Pls don't mistake Esha...😞

T: No,no..not at all!I completely understand her.If I were in her place I would have thrown a tantrum.I hope she has not mistaken me.

Both did not know what to say after that.Call ended.Despite telling herself not to cry Thenmozhi had no control of her tears that cascaded down her cheeks.

***

Thenmozhi continued visiting them as a friend.Though she had no hard feelings towards Esha,she was disappointed she and Sathyadev could not take their relationship to the next level.She decided to leave India and join her sister in Boston.

When he got to know she was leaving,

D: Why Thenmozhi?🥺

T: I did say we could remain as friends if this didn't work out but I realized I can't.The more I'm here the more I'll be attached to you and what's the point?I feel like I'm going mad...I need a change of place so I'm leaving...😞

D: I'm helpless...if you want to go I can't stop you...I wish you find peace and happiness there.😞

A week later,

Thenmozhi's parents dropped her off at the airport.She hugged and bid them goodbye.Dragging her trolley suitcase,she walked in when her phone buzzed.

T: Hi Esha...

E: You're leaving?

T: Yes dear...sorry,I couldn't come and meet you...

E: When will you return?