VM: Two states - Part 14

Vicky entered the house hiding the saree gift box behind him.

V: Ms.Fish!I'm home!😃

He wondered why the house was dark at that time as she usually would keep it bright.He switched on the lights and glanced across the hall.She was neither at the balcony nor kitchen.He went to the room.His gaze fell on the flower decorated bed.

V: Wow!Is this real or am I dreaming?🤩🤩🤩Ms.Fish!Where are you hiding?If you come out on your own,well and good but if I catch you,you will be punished...😉

He hoped she would show herself after that but she did not appear before him.His smile faltered to a frown.

V: Ms.Fish...pls...enough playing...come out now...😟

His phone shrilled and he saw the screen.It was an unknown number.

V: Hello...

***

Wiping the tears streaming down his cheeks,Vicky ran like a mad man hoping that it was not his Meenakshi.Police were standing outside the treatment room.He took slow steps towards them and got their attention.

"What do you want?"one of them asked.

V: Sir,I got a call saying Meen...Meenakshi is admitted here...

"Oh it was me who called.We found her ID card in her purse and your number was there to be contacted during an emergency.How are you related to her?"

V: Husband sir...

"Is she your wife?"

He asked pointing at the room door.Vicky peered inside through the little glass window and his eyes widened in shock seeing her lying drenched in her own blood.Doctors and nurses were busy attending to her.

V: Meenakshi!!!!!!!!!!😰😭😭😭

Crying hysterically he banged at the door to be let inside but was held back by the police.

"Sir...pls calm down...."

They made him sit on a chair.

V: I want to go in...I want to see her!!!Pls sir...my Meenakshi sir...😭😭😭

"Sir calm down they are treating her...."

A doctor stepped out.Seeing him Vicky got up.

V: Doctor...she's ok no...nothing serious no?I can take her home today itself right?

He looked expectantly at the doctor for a positive reply.

"She has had a bad head injury and severe blood loss...thankfully she was brought immediately so we could start treatment on her.We need to do a surgery as soon as possible..."

Vicky looked at the doctor trying to get a read on his face.

"She's quite critical..."he said.

Hearing those words Vicky broke down again.Joining his palms before the doctor,

V: I beg you doctor pls do something and save her!!😭😭😭

"I'm sorry to say even if we do the surgery the chances of her survival is less.Or even if she does survive,high chances she could slip into coma."

As it is Vicky was in a state of shock above that the doctor's words were like rubbing salt on his wound.

V: Doctor,I don't care if she isn't able to function like us...even if she has to remain in bed for life I will look after her like a baby...I just want her alive...pls doctor...take my blood...as much as you want...just revive her...I beg you..😭😭😭