11

Chapter Eleven
Books and Breakups

Luella and Riven leaned against the wall, sitting on the cold floor. They looked forwards, staring at the plain coloured wall in front of them, trying to make out what Sky and Stella were saying from the other side.

The ice fairy gave up. The wall was too thick for her to hear the argument between the complicated couple.

No one seemed to be coming in or out of their rooms, the only ones there were Lue and Riven. She didn't know what time it was and nor could she look out the windows to see the shade of light, simply because there weren't any windows.

"So," Luella started.

She thought about Beatrix. There was some sort of relationship between her and Riven, it wasn't that she cared that they had something going on, but more why. Riven was, in a way, chaotic but yet Lue liked it. It fitted him well. She could see why Sky befriended him too.

But when Beatrix came into the picture, something changed. Luella couldn't pinpoint it exactly, but she just didn't like it. She wouldn't like it.

"What's with you and Beatrix?" She asked.

"Well," Riven chuckled. "I'm pretty sure it's obvious to you."

Luella knitted her eyes brows together and spoke ruffled, "why do you like her?"

"Have the two of you got a weird secret obsession with each other that I don't know about?" He asked sarcastically, tinting his eyes and flopping his arms.

Luella looked at him, "what?"

"She stalked you the over day — on Instagram or something," He recalled. "Talked about your powers."

"My powers?" She asked in confusion, her mind beginning to wander.

"So you're jealous. That's it," Riven deduced, now looking at her too.

"No," Luella replied firmly. "I just-"

The specialist interrupted the ice fairy this time, annoyed that she couldn't accept Beatrix as the one he likes. He didn't even know why she cared, they don't have anything between them.

Though Lue wasn't related to Sky, Riven spotted a lot of similarities between them. And that wasn't just because they both consulted him about Beatrix on the same day, he wasn't that dull. He knew their friendship meant a lot.

But Riven couldn't help it, even if he would let Sky down again for the second time today.

"Just leave my relationship alone," Riven said sharply, as he started to get up.

Then the door unlocked, and the two blondes came out of the dorm. They both look hurt, tense. Any argument after a relationship would be but this looked worse. A breakup, Luella thought.

"Had a nice chat?" Riven questioned rhetorically before entering back into his room, shutting the door behind him.

Stella gave the girl a year younger than her a nod, sweeping her hands on her tight, pink plum dress before hesitatingly making her way to the exit. Her heels clattered against the floor as she left.

Sky stared at Luella needing something to distract himself from his arguments. He was relieved yet annoyed.

Of course, he cared for Stella, but he had come to realise that it wasn't the way she cared for him. He was glad that he wasn't the net anymore, as he once described himself, to catch Stella if she fell. He was now his own, even if he felt guilty.