sneak peek into my life and ruella

So i'm not sure how many people actually continue to read this, but if you're here, I appreciate you. Yeah, my writing is not great but oh well.

I obviously haven't updated in a long time, but I don't think I'd ever leave Luella's story unfinished. (I love her too much.) I have the agonising GCSEs in under a month so won't be updating until they're done. BUT GOD, when summer comes, I swear I'm going to make a big long summer bucket list and that includes finishing this story.

But in the meantime, here's a scene I wrote out between Luella and Riven (RUELLA!) with absolutely no context and massive spoilers.

Here's to counting down till summer.

"I saw you just before you were bitten. I would've got there, but some scrapers got to me-"

"Stop," Luella exclaimed. "You brought me back. You were there."

Riven silenced himself. With wide eyes he stared at the fairy-was she even a fairy anymore? Every little intrusive thought inked into his head. "Luella. I fucked up. Massively."

"I make decisions for myself, I decided to go in because I chose too. I knew the chances, Riv. I just wasn't lucky."

The word lucky sparked to Riven's mind. There was still one thing he hadn't told her. As much as he wished to protest, he carried on.

"Lue, there's something else."

"What do you mean?" Luella felt a wave of nostalgia flood her.

She was missing something. The memory of her sitting on the steps to the greenhouse came washing over her.

He diverted his eyes from her lingering gaze. "A moment before I got attacked, I saw something glowing in the distance. When I caught my eyes on you, I realised you had wings."

Riven's eye-line then matched hers. He waited for her to say something, her eyebrows to go up or her pupils to shrink but all the girl did was laugh lightly.

"You know," Luella began, leaning her back against the 'hospital' bed. "After everything I've been through to this point, I don't really have the urge to be surprised. It feels horrible, for sure. I transformed and I don't even remember it."

Riven took his place from the chair to the side of the bed instead, taking her arm. He began to fiddle with her rings as she spoke tiresomely. The specialist wanted to heal away her wounds and the scars that would last, his eyes wondering to her upper arm.

"At least you were there to see it. How was it?"

"Pretty hot."

"I don't think I'm ever gonna get over what you say," Luella said, a grin entering.

"Don't," he said back in the same tone.