chapter 1

POV Blakely: I woke up to Miss Hannah shouting that breakfast was ready although I didn't eat it. Breakfast was just an apple and some water, I gave my breakfast to one of the younger kids because they need it more then me. This means I pretty much only eat dinner when i'm allowed to have it. After doing my "chores" I made my way to school. As I opened my locker i saw that i had math first and luckily for me it was my favourite subject actually no, I like all subjects, it's mostly because I have good grades and that's the only thing that keeps me going. Quietly, I made my way to my math class and sat down at the back of the room. 15 minutes into class we got an announcement that there was a guest speaker. We all made our way to the gym and the second I walked in I was faced with my biggest fear. Doctors. Apparently they were here to check on our physical and mental health, both of mine were shit but whatever. They called each grade into the waiting area and called us all in one by one. When it was my turn, a brown haired italian came out and called me in. My heart started to race and i saw there was also a firefighter here apparently it was for the mental health part.

"Hello sweetheart my name is Doctor Deluca and this is my partner Maya Bishop, she's a firefighter but is here to do the mental health part of the check up" she told me.

I didn't know what to say. She didn't look like she would hurt me but then again neither did those previous foster parents, and look where we ended up. She took my hand and I flinched, Doctor Deluca brought me back to the exam room with her partner and when the doors closed everything suddenly became more real. My palms got sweaty, my breaths became shorter and my chest got tighter. With instinct I backed up into the corner and started to hyperventilate, I couldn't breathe and my vision was getting blurry, suddenly I realized that on top of the panic attack I was having, I was also having an asthma attack. With shaking hands I tried to look for my inhaler but couldn't find it. Suddenly Maya grabbed my bag and found my inhaler. I reached out and snatched it from her and finally my breathing was able to go back to normal.

"Oh bella, are you ok?" The doctor asked me. I was afraid to speak and I wasn't given permission to, so i just nodded my head. I couldn't be here anymore, I needed to go, so without thinking at all I ran off to the library knowing that no one goes there so I wouldn't be found.

POV Carina: The whole encounter I had with Blakely was concerning me. She showed signs of abuse, both physical and mental and she was definitely underweight. I looked at my wife Maya and she immediately pulled out her phone. We needed to know what happened and if there was any information on this girl. After 5 minutes we got some information and we were shocked.
(read first chapter for all that info)
When we finished reading I felt the need to protect this girl and I think Maya did to.

well, this is chapter 1, hope you enjoyed!