chapter 16

Disclaimer: read chapter 15 to refresh if you want to lol

i am so sorry that this took me so long, both chapters 15 & 16 took me so long and i'm so mentally and emotionally drained after writing these chapters. anyways i really hope you enjoy!

POV no one: When Maya finished telling Carina what she knew, the Italian sat on the couch running her hands through her hair trying to take deep breath's. She knew they needed to talk to Blakely about this but how do you bring up the topic that your child got beaten? Both parents could hear Blakely sobbing in her room and it broke their hearts. This little girl has been through so much already and the universe just seems to throw more shit at her.
"We need to do something." Maya told her wife.
"I know Maya. Let's go." Carina said, she said this in a snappy tone. Maya knew she wasn't mad though, not at them. Carina was mad at the person who did this to Blakely.
Maya had followed her partner up to their daughters room and then watched Carina softly knock on the door. "Bambina, it's just me and momma. Can we come in?" Just a second ago Carina had snapped at Maya and seemed super pissed off but now she was knocking on their daughters door and talking to her with the softest most kindest voice. The only response they were met with was Blakely crying harder.
"Bubs please, we just want to help, we won't get mad or hurt you I promise." Maya pleaded as the tears were welling up in her own eyes.
"No-o." Blakely sobbed out.
"Principessa, can you tell us why we can't come in?" Carina asked.
"No-ooo." She wailed.
"Why not B?" Maya pressed.
"Be-because you wi-ll be...send..aw-ay and and I just noooo." Both Maya and Carina didn't really understand what the girl was trying to tell them through her tears and it's not like they could go in to calm her down.
"Honey, you need to breathe, ok? I need you to breathe for me." Maya said.
"I-I-I cant." She told them honestly.
"Ok Blakely here's what we're gonna do, we're gonna count back from ten ok?" When she got no response she asked, "Can you do that for me?" Luckily they were able to hear Blakely say a muffled ok.
"Good girl, can you start counting for me?"
"Te...tennn..." Blakely said through heavy breathing.
"Good job, what's next bambina?" Carina asked.
"Nine- nine....."
"And after that?"
"Eight...sev-seve-seven...." Blakely was slowly starting to calm down.
"Your doing great, what comes after seven my girl?"
"Six...five...fou-r..." Blakely took a deep breath and said the last three numbers, and after this her breathing was normal. The tears were still coming down the girls face, Maya and Carina knew that even if they couldn't see her.
"Good job Blakers! I'm so proud of you!" Maya praised when she finished counting.
"Bambina, we don't know the full story, we only know what Andy told us, do you think you could share what happened? We just want to help and make it better. We just wanna talk." Carina spoke as she had her head against the door. Slowly Blakely had stood up and unlocked her door. She poked her head out and said, "Just talk?"
"Yes baby, just talk, that's it." Maya spoke in a reassuring manner.
"Don't come in until I say. Ok?" The girl said.
"Ok, you can come now." They heard a small voice say.
Slowly Maya and Carina made their way in but they couldn't see Blakely. That was until they heard a small sniffle come from underneath the girls desk. Carina walked over and saw Blakely in the corner rocking herself back and forth with her knees against her chest and her hand holding her monkey.
"Come here sweetheart, let's go sit on your bed and talk." Maya said while reaching a hand out to Blakely. The shaking girl was hesitant about it but she gave Maya her hand and let her pull her up. Slowly they walked to the bed and Carina was already sitting there with open arms.
"We can take this however fast or slow you want to ok?" Carina reassured. Blakely nodded and took a deep breath.

"There's this boy at school," She began, "his name is Nick and he's in my class. No one in my class likes me, they all bully me. I'm not sure why, I always try to be nice, I do everything they say and I keep quiet and yet they all still hate me. Nick though, he hates me the most. He finds a liking in beating me up. He kicks really hard and it really hurts. He doesn't hurt my face because he knew it would be noticeable but today he told the whole school that i'm an orphan, he said many more mean things today and every day as well. But today I was so mad that he said that and I ran off to the bathroom. I stayed there until lunch was over and when I went to leave Nick was waiting and he beat me up really badly. I knew I couldn't go back to class and I picked up my phone...." She trailed off. "Mom i'm so sorry I didn't mean to shatter it, the phone was in my bag when he beat me up and when he threw my bag across the hall it must've fallen out and shattered. I promise I didn't mean to do it and i'm really sorry." Blakely said all this in one big breath. Maya and Carina were stunned at what they just heard. Their daughter was getting beaten every day and they didn't know until today. Both of them thought they had failed as parents, they didn't even know it.
Taking a deep breath Carina opened her mouth and said, "Bambina, why, why would you not tell us?" She said stunned at this.
"I didn't want to add any more stress into your lives and plus I can handle it."
"Well you clearly can't "handle it" considering you've been getting beaten up every fucking day." Maya grumbled.
"I said i'm sorry ok! I don't know what to you want me to say." Blakely was also starting to get frustrated and this wasn't helping with the pain she was in.
"You were supposed to tell us for gods sake! We're your mothers and we're supposed to protect you. Why would you not tell us, you had so many chances. At the bottom of your heart you knew we would've helped you." Maya's voice went up an octave every few seconds and yelling was something that really upset Blakely.
"I SAID IM SORRY OK IM SORRY I-"
Was all Blakely got out before she screamed in pain.
"Blakely! What's wrong?!" Carina started to panic.
"Not-nothing just leave me alone." She said.
"No! You could have some serious injuries come on we're going to the hospital." Carina had scooped her up and began walking down the stairs as Maya started the car.