15-Rooftop

JAKE'S POV

We arrived at our house. I turned on the lights as I motioned him to come in.

"Be sure not to break anything or what okay? Aunt Aera will kill me if you will."

"Why? Where is she?"

That's it. I knew it he'll ask about it.

"She went to an island. Someone said that they saw mom there. She went to search for her."

"Your mom? Why? Where is she?"

Oh. He don't know.

He sat in the couch, tapping the space beside him. I went closer.

"Mom's been missing for three years now. We don't know how or even why. One day I just woke up that she's missing and that's it. Aunt Aera has been searching for her non stop ever since."

I rested on the couch. I closed my eyes. I miss mom so much. But all I can do is to wait for aunt Aera's update.

I opened my eyes and I found Sunghoon staring at me.

"What?"

"I didn't know. I'll help searching."

I smiled at him. He's really kind.

"Thank you."

He glanced around the house.

"Do you have a rooftop?"

I looked at him. All of a sudden?

"Yeah. Why?"

"Let's go there. I'll show you something."

He said as he grabbed my hand. Is this his house? Like why is he the one who's guiding me?

"Not that place."

I dragged him. He was about to enter my room and not upstairs.

We entered the rooftop. I actually like it here. But what else can this place offer beside shades of gray?

 But what else can this place offer beside shades of gray?

He pulled the chair and drag me to sit beside him.

"The view here is pretty."

"Yeah. Like I can see it."

I can feel him staring at me.

"I actually tried wearing sunglasses yesterday. Even in practice."

Is he stupid? Sunglasses while ice skating?

"What?"

"I wanted to see the world that you see."

Okay. He's not THAT stupid.

"And I realized how lonely you had felt. I don't know how did you managed to look at your world like that."

Now he's like this. I hate it. I hate it because he's right.

"As the days pass, especially this past weeks, I realize that I think I want to stay not just because you need me to see colors. But because I really like you even without this mono-probe situation."

So we came here to be like this?

"Jake?"

I looked up. I saw him, looking at me.

"If I say that I don't want you to leave, will you stay for me?"

"If I say I really want you. Will you open your heart for me?"

"If I'll tell you right now that I really want you to be mine, will you let me?"

"A while ago, you told me, you're falling too. Now that I'm sure that I have a chance, I will never waste it. Jake. Just say yes. And I'll show you the colors of the world. I will teach you everything. Let me show my love for you."

Now what? I honestly don't have any idea how to react. I diverted my attention in front. I can't face him. What am I going to say? How am I going to—

He likes grabbing me. He held my neck to face me to him. He's so close. What?

He removed his mask. The color rush starts. Wait. I'm not fainting yet.

I looked at his jacket.

I've never look at him like this. It's so up close.

I knew he is handsome but I didn't knew he was THIS handsome.

I felt my eyelids go heavy and this time, I calmly closed my eyes as I felt him hold me. I smiled.