26-Where?

SUNGHOON'S POV

We only have an hour left and we'll start the class but he's not yet here. Maybe he's late? I erased my thoughts and waited for him.

But he never came.

Maybe he'll come in the second subject? Maybe he just woke up late? That's right. He woke up late.

But still, he didn't.

Maybe after the vacant? Or after lunch? I'm sure he'll come. I keep on fiddling my fingers.

"Are you okay?"

Minjae asked me. I looked at him.

"He's not going to class?"

"Maybe he's just late."

Yeah. He's just late... Right?

I waited and waited and waited. But he didn't. The whole day had passed. But he didn't attend. I keep on erasing my thoughts. Maybe tomorrow?

The next day. I waited. Like the usual. He's not answering my calls. And even my messages. Everything's alright. Right?

"Love? Where are you?"

"Talk to me please."

"Is this about the bet? You don't need to kiss me if you don't want to. Just. Please. Show yourself."

"Love? Jake? Jakey? Hey?"

"I love you."

I keep on sending him voice messages. I'm scared. I don't know why. I'm scared.

Thursday, the third day. He's still not here. Where is he? Is he okay? No. Something is wrong.

"Joohaeng. Do you think you can excuse me after this class?"

Joohaeng looked at me. They've been helping me to find Jake.

"You're going to search for him? Okay. But wait for a second."

They called him outside. I stared at Jake's seat.

Where are you love?

Joohaeng came back. He looked bothered.

"What's wrong?"

"Okay. I'll tell you this. But don't freak out okay?"

That made me more nervous. What's happening?

"W-what is it?"

"Jake."

Hearing his name. My heart skipped a beat. I'm scared.

"J-Jake? What's wrong? What happened to him?"

"He's transferring schools."

I froze. He's what? No.

"That's not true."

"They called me because of it. They want me to get his papers now. They seemed to be hurrying me."

Fuck this. What is happening? I stood up. I grabbed my things.

"Where are you going?"

"Excuse me okay? And please do everything to slow down the transfer. I'm begging you Joo. Please."

He nodded at me. Tapping my shoulder.

"I suggest you go to their house first. Don't make it too obvious okay?"

I nodded. I'm shaking and I don't even know why. Just when I was about to go Minjae stopped me.

"Sunghoon."

This is Jae. And whenever Jae takes over, it's serious. I faced him.

"Yes Jae?"

"Fight okay? I know you won't let Jake go no matter what."

"I will never."

He smiled at me before walking out.

I don't know what to do but I took a ride and went to Jake's house. I keep on calling him but he's not picking up. I can't calm down.

I was about to enter their place when I saw his aunt. Waving at me? I ran to her.

"Ma'am do you know—"

"Call me Aunt Aera. Keep quiet. I'll do this quick."

And she gestured me to come close. What's happening?

"Calm down okay? I want you to leave this place. NOW."

"Huh?"

"Okay look. Yiri is panicking. I AM PANICKING. I know you will find him."

Find him? Who—

"Sunghoon. Jake is missing."

SHIT.

"What do you mean? H-he's missing? But Joohaeng said that he's transferring?"

Aunt Aera held her temples.

"We did. I mean. Yiri did. But he didn't want to. I know he don't want to leave. Because you're here."

"Sunghoon. I know you will find him. I know you will. Please find my niece. And stay away from Yiri."

"I'm trusting you with this one. Yiri wants him to leave. She wants to get Jake away from us. From you. I don't know what happened to my sister but she's not the way she used to be."

"Find Jake and make sure that he's safe."

"He's wearing his uniform. Maybe he will go to class. Please find him. He left his phone here. I don't know how to find him."

"I will Aunt Aera."

"Find him first before Yiri could."

I nodded at aunt Aera and I ran. I held my bag.

Shit where should I start?!

I just ran and ran. I trust my instinct. He's my mono. I'm sure I will find him.

Uniform. He's wearing our uniform. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU JAKE?