21-The Talk

SUNGHOON'S POV

I stared at him. Wait.... Why is his left cheek a bit redder than the usual?

"What's that spot on your cheek?"

He stopped. I guess I'm not the only one who's hiding something.

"Did something happened a while ago?"

"Mom hit me."

Okay. I didn't expect him to say it that fast.

"She hit you?!"

"Yeah. Maybe I went overboard but she has no right to judge me when she was gone for three years. A lot has happened. She has no right to judge me. To judge you."

He defended me?

"You..."

He looked at me, sitting down beside me again and wow. He held my hand.

"You heard that right duh. Of course I need to explain my side to her. Explain OUR side to her. She can't just conclude without knowing what we've been through before we got to this level."

He's right. I took time to approach him. It took us a while to be fine with each other without him being extra cold to me.

"Wow. Thank you?"

"Don't be grateful. That's the least that I can do for you. Now. Don't talk to me not until you're ready to tell me what happened."

Before I could even speak he walked out. He's so moody. But yeah. I still love him.

SUNGHOON'S POV

Monday. I can't attend the class because today's my contest. Jake can't come even if he wanted to. Obviously he's not going to be excused if he'll go.

But he did went here before coming to school. Cute. He really don't need to go here. I had already prepared something after this.

And as expected, I won. Ice skating has been my other half. Literally. I feel at ease whenever I want skate. The ice is special to me.

I was waiting for manager's car when I saw Jake's mom. Approaching me?

"Good afternoon ma'am."

"You know why I came here."

So it IS her.

"I know you had the idea. And yes. I really did it."

She's not even denying? In front of the public?

"Why did you do that ma'am?"

"Look. I know you're my son's probe. But. He's a man. And you're a man. You both can't be together. You're still young. You can still change your mind."

I can't believe it.

"Ma'am. I love your son. And it has nothing to do with him being my mono. I would love to show him the colors of the world but I would prefer to love him because he's Jake."

"You don't understand this Park Sunghoon. Stay away from my son."

No. I'm stubborn and I know it. Why do I need to stay away if I'm happy with him?

"Ma'am. With all due respect. I can't just stay away from the one that I love. Maybe I'm young but I can prove it to you that I'm serious for Jake. I know it's a mutual understanding ma'am. You can even ask your son."

"Stay away from my son and nobody will get hurt."

Now she's threatening me.

"Ma'am I can report this to the police. You are threatening me."

"I don't care. You can't do anything. Stay away from Jake. I'm warning you Park Sunghoon."

I didn't mind her. To be honest, I'm only talking to her because she's Jake's mom. But with that attitude, I won't.

I walked towards manager's car. I glanced at her before entering. I mean, yes maybe I'm young and I'm too reckless on my actions but if it's for Jake, I won't risk anything.

I waited for Jake in the gate. Why? I'm taking him out again today. Why? Because I want to. Why?

Because I love him.