19-Introduction

JAKE'S POV

"So. Who was that?"

That's her first word? She's missing for three years and that's her first word. Okay. I need to calm down. I don't even know why am I feeling irritated.

"He's Sunghoon. My classmate."

"And?"

Aunt Aera knows something. Just by the looks that she's giving me. She knows me too well.

"My probe."

"Ahhhh! I knew it!!!! Something about the looks that he's been giving you a while ago is too much to see! Finally you found him!!! I'm happy~"

I can really feel aunt Aera's happiness hahaha. I looked at mom. Why does she looks like that?

"But he's a boy?"

That didn't sound well. What does she mean by he's a boy?

"What do you mean mom? Of course he's a boy."

"Are you even gay?"

I saw aunt Aera became serious. Where is this coming from?

I actually don't care much about my sexuality. I even think I'm bi. Or even pan. So why is she like this?

"It doesn't matter mom. Love is still love no matter what."

"Jake I think you're rushing things."

Rushing things? Wait what?

"Mom. What are you saying?"

I can't help but to stand up. Aunt Aera sent me a look but no. Why is she suddenly like this?

"You're still young. How can you even say that it's already love? Maybe you're just overwhelmed by the colors that he can give you. You can still live without it."

I looked at aunt Aera. No she is totally wrong with this one.

"Mom? Do you even hear yourself?"

"Jake look—"

"NO! You just came back! You were gone for three years! THREE LONG YEARS! And now that you came back, you're going to act like you know everything that happened to me? No! Sunghoon is not just my probe! HE'S A FRIEND TO ME AND MORE THAN THAT!"

Mom stood up. Aunt Aera held her. She looked at me, apologizing.

"Don't you dare raise your voice like that! I'm still your mother!"

"A mother who was missing for the last three years! Oh yes!"

I felt a sting on my cheek. She never hit me before. Just this time.

"Yiri. What do you think are you doing?"

"He needs guidance Aera! What did you even taught to this boy?!"

"I'm leaving."

"Don't you dare turn your back away from me"

"I still have school mom. I'm going aunt Aera."

"SHIM JAEYUN. I demand you to come back here."

Not a chance. I went inside my room and prepared to go to class. I'd rather be stuck with those lessons than to stay here.