Mutual

A/n: sorry y'all the book I'm working on mixed with school has pretty much consumed me but I'm back idk for how long but I'm back

Warnings: sad, grab a tissue

It was golden hour, the sun setting and the sky filled with different shades of orange and pink. The way it shone on the two made their eyes glisten.
Or maybe it was just the tears in their eyes replacing the sparkles that once showed. But like the sparks in their relationship those have somewhat faded.

They stood on a small bridge that crossed over the pond in the park they were in. The bridge that they thought would hold moments in their future but now only contains memories. Their first kiss, first date, where they became official, their first 'I love you'. And memories is all they will be.

She wore a long yellow floral dress as her hair gently blew with the breeze. In any circumstance he would've thought she looked wonderful, and he still does. Yellow has always been his favourite colour on her. But despite all the beautiful around the two neither of them felt that way. They felt small and as if the world wasn't burning around them but simply burning with them. And that wasn't the only thing burning.

Their passion for each other. Their faces. Their chests. Their relationship. It was all going to crash and burn.

They knew it was coming, they've seen it coming for the longest time. They went into the relationship knowing they wouldn't have a future together. But they were hoping. Praying. That things would change. That somewhere a long the line this would turn into the beautiful thing that everyone else saw. But now they were holding onto a thread that wasn't there.

And although their time together has come to an end they will never fully let go of each other, or accuse the other of breaking their heart because truthfully neither of their hearts is broken. This is actually fixing them. And they both know that they would drop everything in a second if the other asked them to come over.

Because they still love each other. So, so much.
But it's okay.

It was mutual.