Chapter《 9 》Understanding

Snow was coming down lightly, falling delicately onto the boy's dark hair. There was a slight glimmer of light, illuminating his face.

"How did you do that. . ." He spoke quietly. The boy's eyes were soft, but they were full of mysteries and confusion.

"I. . . What exactly did I do?" Raijin stuttered, taking the smallest step backward. The boy didn't seem to hear her, instead, he was taking in his bearings. Trying to understand where he was and who he was with.

"Are you okay?" The way he was so disoriented, made Raijin feel a pang of sorrow for the boy.

"I'm fine." He nodded, and yet the way he said it was so unsure. . .

Raijin reached out a hand for the boy, helping him up from his knees. The moment he was on his feet, she could tell he was tall. Not six foot tall. Tall tall. Raijin stood at only 5'4, and he had to be over 6'5 at least.

As their hands touched, Raijin could feel him. His hands were ice cold.

"My god you're freezing." Raijin gasped, looking up at his face. He seemed confused as if he couldn't tell his body was like ice.

"Here," Raijin took off the cape, the one she'd borrowed, before slinging it over Ranboo's shoulder. She had to go on her tiptoes to even try and give it to him.

He was just about to say something, before being cut off. The sound of a door opening made the two of them turn, facing the house.

"Raijin you can come back—Ranboo is that you?" So his name is Ranboo. . . Raijin repeated in her mind, trying to think if she'd heard the name before.

"Hi, Phil." Ranboo waved hesitantly, a dullness in his voice.

Phil looked up at the sky, noticing the sudden increase of snowfall, "The two of you should come in, I don't want either of you catching a cold." Funny when he wanted me out so bad. . .

Nevertheless, they complied, kicking their snow-covered boots off on the porch before going into Phil's side of the building. Raijin sat down on a couch, while Phil pulled up two chairs for himself and Ranboo.

"What are you doing out so late?" Phil asked the question directed at Ranboo. Giving him time to answer, Phil noticed our shivering and began pulling out some blankets.

"I think it happened again. . ." Ranboo mumbled, taking the blanket gratefully.

"You were enderwalking?" Phil paused for a moment before handing Rai a blanket.

What on earth is enderwalking? Raijin thought, wrapping the blanket tighter around her shoulders.

Ranboo nodded, "And somehow she woke me up." He pointed to Rai.

Is 'enderwalking' similar to sleepwalking? If so, why is there any significance that I woke him up?

Phil turned to look at her, "How did you wake him up?"

"I just touched him?"

"Did you like hit him, or push him?" Philza asked, sitting down in the chair he'd brought out.

"Hit him? No, I just touched him— What is going on?" Rai asked, flicking between the two.

"Let's see. . . So Ranboo isn't completely human. He's half enderman. So sometimes. . . He slips into an unconscious state, much like sleepwalking, but we call it enderwalking."

That explains why I thought he was asleep. . .

"So he really just sleepwalks? Why is that special?" She didn't mean to make the last part sound rude, but she was just curious.