|| hello goodbye ||

Your white coat flutters as you sit in a playground swing. Above you, the stars glimmer, they bathe the world in their cosmic radiance- strangely giving rise to a sense of nostalgia. 

"Hello Ken," you greet as you suddenly feel Kaneki's hands press lightly against your back. 

"Hey." 

You smile as you feel him push you and giggle as you remember how he used to do this when you were children. 

"Doesn't this remind you of something," you hear Kaneki ask. 

"Of course," you manage to turn around slightly just as Kaneki stops pushing. You look up into his eyes, both gray and red. "It used to be you, me , and Hide against the world." 

"Do you think we could ever go back to those days?" 

"I don't know, Ken." 

He leans down just enough for you to feel his breathe tickle your lips. "Do you think we can?" 

You close the painful distance between your lips in a kiss. Kaneki's eyes widen slightly in surprise before he slowly moves into the kiss. He can feel the tears streaming down your cheeks as he ends the kiss. 

"(Name)?" 

You give him a small smile, your tears stream down your cheeks as you place a hand on his cheek. "That's the thing, Ken, we can't." 

"Eyepatch," Amon raises his quinque in Kaneki's direction, ready to0 strike a blow. 

"First Class Amon Koutaro, stand down." 

Amon turns abruptly, taising his hand in a quick salute, "Associate Special Class (Last Name)." 

"Assist in the detainment of the Owl, I'll deal with Eyepatch." 

"But-" 

"Go."

He nods and heads off to fulfill your orders, "good luck." 

You quickly unload your quinque, "goodbye Ken." 

"Goodbye (Name)."