|| spilled (1/2) ||

There's no use crying over spilled milk now is there?

Yes, there is.

Considering the fact that it was Kaneki Ken's milk that you had spilled.

No pun intended.

-

It happened so suddenly, you were bringing his coffee as usual. You didn't know why your brain decided to say, "hey, why don't you trip over your feet?"

Scumbag brain.

You may have forgotten to take into consideration the fact that you too shall die, should Kaneki Ken choose to throw a bitch fit over his now ruined coffee break. Of course, he didn't look like the type of person who would do that but you had heard about the news going around Aoigiri.

Eyepatch ate Yamori.

He's a monster.

He eats ghouls.

Kaneki hadn't eaten for a while now.

What was stopping him from eating the asshole who ruined his coffee?

"I-I'm sorry, K-Kaneki-sama, I-I'll fetch a new one right away..."

"It's alright, there's no use crying over spilled milk, right?"

"Hahaha, good one sir."

"Are you scared," he asks suddenly putting down his book. "Of me."

You gulp, "y-yes, sir."

Kaneki laughs mirthlessly, "I would be scared of me too."

You bow, "ma-may I go now?"

"Of course, don't let me keep you."

Minutes after you ask to be dismissed, he hears three quick raps on his door.

"Yes?"

You enter, holding a cup of coffee for him.

"M-my father, h-he used to enjoy making coffee and w-well, personally, c-condensed milk is a better substitute for milk."

Kaneki raises an eyebrow as he accepts the coffee from you. He takes a tentative sip of the coffee and another and another. He finishes the coffee soon.

"You have to make me another one," he grins as looks at his empty coffee cup.

"Y-yes, sir!"

"Kaneki."

"P-pardon?"

"You can call me, Kaneki."

"Well," you smile, "I'm (Name)."

It was the beginning of a beautiful albeit short friendship, that might have blossomed into something more.