|| spilled (2/2) ||

"Never turn your back on an enemy, Eyepatch," Amon yells as he lunges for Kaneki, "especially not one with another quinque!"

Kaneki swears, he would pay dearly for this mistake. He moves to a defensive stance and braces himself for the impact of Amon's attack. He feels a cut form on his cheek but he doesn't feel any other pain.

Have I finally died?

He gingerly opens his eyes. Kaneki cannot stop the look of horror that has glimmered in his eyes. Your kagune is shattering, breaking like glass and flying in the wind like sand. But not before it manages to incapacitate Amon.

So that's why.

You fall to your knees, unable to withstand the strength of the Ghoul Investigator's attack. He catches you and positions you comfortably in his arms. He can see the full extent of the blow you had taken for him. There's a large gash in your chest and a gaping hole in the spot your left abdomen should have been in.

"Why did you do it," he asks, barely able to control the grief and anger in his voice- grief, for your inevitable death and anger, because once again he wasn't able to save someone close to him.

"Because, I don't like seeing you in pain."

"You're so stupid, I was prepared to take that blow."

"I know," you smile.

"So so stupid," he whispers, holding you tightly, "but brave too."

Your hand weakly rises to touch his silver locks, you give it a firm tug and grin, "your hair is as silky as I imagined."

"You imagine tugging my hair."

"I imagine a lot more," you say as you wiggle your eyebrows suggestively.

"Pervert."

You try a weak laugh but only cough out your own blood, staining Kaneki's clothes. You frown, "oh no, I spilled blood on you."

"It wouldn't be the first time you spilled something on me."

"You remember that?"

"Of course I do."

"Kaneki?"

"Y-yes?"

"Is it raining?"

He chuckles, not bothering to wipe his tears, "yes."

"This would have been a great time to have coffee, wouldn't you think?"

"Yeah, it would be."

"I would have liked to drink coffee with you again."

"Don't talk like that, you're going to. You and me, in the abandoned building. You can spill milk on me again too."

He laughs bitterly at the memory.

"Then, you can tell me all the things you imagine doing with me and I'd do it. If it would make you happy, because I know you obviously think of doing dirty things with me and I wouldn't mind, because it's you."

He tries to block out the coldness in your fingers and how you've closed your eyes.

"You'll say that you love me and don't try to deny it because I know you obviously do and don't be scared or embarassed because I love you too."

He's babbling now, trying in vain to keep his sanity from leaving him but this is the final straw. The swing that sends this tree toppling to the ground.

"Hey, wake up, please. Please, wake up. I-I don't know what I would do if you didn't."

He begs and cries all he wants even though he knows that he will never be able to see your eyes open and look at him with all the love and adoration he yearned from you.

"God, please, please wake up. Please (Name). Don't leave me. Don't leave me like this."

"Please."

"I'm sorry, (Name)."

"I'm sorry, Kaneki."