|| midsummer dream ||

Save...

Save me.

He wakes up, drenched in a cold sweat. Another nightmare. Haise places a hand to his throbbing temple, willing away the disturbing images that had invaded his sleep. 

A field of red spider lilies. 

A blood spattered white dress. 

A black wedding bouquet. 

A dying smile. 

Someone's name. He heard it so vividly in his dreams, he heard it every night and yet, Haise massages his head in an attempt to soothe it and get his thinking straight. He had started getting these dreams last week. That name. 

Was it his own? 

Was it someone important to him? 

He could never place his finger on it. 

Save... 

Save me. 

"Save me, Ken." 

He's standing in a spacious room with black and white tiles, every inch of his body burns, his hands are shackled and he's screaming so hard he feels like his chest is about to burst. 

There's a girl in front of him and a large man in a white suit holding the girl up by her neck. His kagune is out and dancing dangerously at the curve of her neck. 

"I wonder what she tastes like," he hears the man say. 

"STOP IT!!!" 

Yelling, Haise is yelling. It's like he's been immersed in quicksand, he can't move, he can't do anything. He watches two clear streams of water gently slide down her face, sees her soft, cracked lips move. He sees it happen as if it's in slow motion, a horrific slide show of death. His kagune cuts through her skin like a knife through butter, her blood sprays out like a water fountain, her eyes shift- a kaleidoscope of sadness and pain before dulling. 

She is dead. 

"(NAME)!!!!" 

Save me. 

Save me. 

"You can't."  

-

He wakes up, sweaty, swearing, and sighing. His hands move up to his temple again only to find it wet. 

He's been crying.

"W-what?" 

Haise quickly wipes his tears away, wondering about that name. 

Who was she? 

He winces as he hears her voice in his head, so clear, so loud, so sad.

"Save me, Ken." 

He holds his head, feeling a head splitting pain begin to form. 

"Save me. Save me." 

"I don't-" 

"You can't." 

He's crying even harder now. 

"You're weak Haise." 

He winces at the familiar tone. 

"It's because you're weak, that's why you couldn't save her." 

"No." 

"Give me back my body, Haise." 

"No..!" 

"Give it back, Haise." 

"You can't save me, Ken." 

His tears gush out as he finally breaks down, "I know." 

"I know." 

"I'm sorry." 

-

sorry if it was sorta confusing, but I won't post an explanation. I'll leave this open to your interpretations. :)