|| replace ||

You release a big sigh of relief as you finish your cup of coffee. the milk you had added gave it a slightly sour taste and the sugar sliding down your throat tasted like gravel. Your eyes skim past your notes from that lecture on human anatomy. You then move to highlight some random paragraph in your textbook.

Sitting by the window in a random cafe, taking a sip of your now shitty coffee and studying. You are the image of a perfect human. The bell on the door jingles, your nose twitches at the scent. Beneath its gorgeous and mouthwatering facade, there lay her familiar smell.

Your eyes try to follow the newcomer, white hair, impeccable clothes, and improbable gray eyes.

He smelled just like her. And you liked it that way.

"I'm sorry I was late," he smiles apologetically.

It wasn't a problem. What mattered was that he was here. He was with you and he was yours.

"I still can't get over the fact that you smell just like Rize."

"2 months together, and you're still pining for her."

"I can't help it Ken, it was love," you smile sadly.

"(Name)..."

"Don't look so glum, Ken. I love you, now."

"Yeah."

He leans in to give you a quick kiss on the cheek but you turn your head fast enough so that you can catch his lips with your own. He didn't like PDA but damn, did he enjoy it.

"I love you," you whisper as you turn back to your studies.

Kaneki wonders who you said it to. he couldn't help but be insecure, after all. this was what came when you kill Kamishiro Rize in Kanou's lab. He guessed he should stop being so impulsive. but he did enjoy killing and cannibalizing her. He got you too, so he guessed that was a nice bonus.