|| price ||

To gain, you must give.

I wanted to become more powerful in order to protect her.

Sweet, innocent (Name).

But I was weak, in Aogiri I learned to be ruthless, I learned to be strong. I was able to protect her.

-

"I'm sorry, (Name)-chan."

"No," she whispers, shaking her head and refusing to comply to his wishes. "I can't do this. I don't want to."

"It's not about what you want," he snaps harshly, "it's what I want."

"Please Ken," you beg, holding on to his left hand, "please, don't leave me."

He roughly yanks his hand away from you, "goodbye, (Name)."

He hears you crying and sobbing as he walks out of your apartment. He walks to Aogiri's hideout, listening to the sound of his footsteps in a feeble attempt to cancel out the immense pain in his heart.

He takes a sip of his coffee in the abandoned building that served as his 'refuge'. but he spits out the warm liquid almost immediately.

It didn't taste right.

Nothing was the same.

"It's not about what you want, (Name)," he says to himself, "it's about what I want."

He lays down on the couch, trying to keep himself from crying.

"I want you to be safe and happy, (Name)."

Why did you break up with me, Ken?

He laughs hearing her voice- your voice, coming back to haunt him, to mock him, to taunt him.

"I broke up with you because I realized that you can never be happy or safe with me."

You're a liar, you're pathetic, and you're weak, Ken.

"I know," he chuckles as tears prick his eyes.

But most of all, you are a fool.

"I am, aren't I? Such a weak, pathetic and cowardly fool."

He screams, letting his emotions consume him.

To protect you, he needed to let go of you.