fifty one

"do you really have to go back to britain?" i ask, as we stand at the airport, waiting for tommys flight to be announced.

"sadly i do, i have other responsibilitys" he laughs, our fingers intertwined.

we stand together quietly, just watching the crowd. familys rush by together, people hug after probably not seeing each other for awhile.

some parting ways, similar to us. i feel tommys gaze, looking over to be met with his familiar smile.

something about this moment is comforting yet bittersweet. as we just accept each other's presence, knowing physically we won't always have it.

i had my doubts, but maybe at the end of the day everything was worth it.

having to hear his rants and laugh everyday was worth it.

and i've come to accept that this is right, this is my future. he is my future.

it won't always be perfect, we'll have our highs and our lows. our fuck ups and our proudest moments.

all that matters is that we have each other, and that is everything.

"that's my flight" he sighs, once again turning to me. "stay safe, alright?"

"i am very safe" he laughs, pulling me into a hug.

we stand there for a moment, knowing it might be awhile before we see each other again physically.

next thing i know he's walking away from me, the exact moment i've been dreading during his whole trip.

"ivy!" he yells, catching me off guard. i look once again to see him walking backwards, facing me.

"i love you!"

"i love you too!"

the end :]