Chapter 30 - Remember that phase?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Remember THAT phase?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Criminals struck the ground of the ship, how the hell were you gonna survive this one was nowhere to be seen to you but you had no choice but to try to and guess.

Well, at least pretend to know, anyway.

You looked around the corner, seeing criminals walking past, "Okay, we're in the middle of a prison break... Great start to being off an island."

Eugene cleared his throat, "Well, it's obvious what we're about to do."

As soon as he said that, you and Max grabbed a sword, "Exactly, I'll take the ginger boys-"

"Are you two nuts?! And no you're not taking anyone missy! I meant let's get out of here!" Eugene whisper yelled.

Max grunted as you rolled your eyes, "Oh c'mon Eugene! Cant, we just have one normal battle this year? And you know I can easily take on those idiots."

"Look, I know that Max the guard and (__) the independent warrior are supposed to apprehend the bad guys, I get it! But there are fifty of them and not fifty of us, so sometimes you've got to put the rules aside as well as not try to show you're as tough as me or Cass!"

"But it's not You or Cass I'm trying to impress..." You mumbled to yourself.

Okay, maybe you were trying to impress Cass and Eugene a little... but it was mainly you, you were doing this for!

You and Max reluctantly put the sword back down, still wanting to fight.

Eugene petted Max's Muzzle, "Good, now c'mon you two, let's find us a lifeboat and get off this thing!" Eugene signaled for you to follow him, heading straight towards the side of the boat. "There's one!" He pointed, glancing everywhere to make sure bad guys were about to attack.

A few feet down, two men wandered over, "Did you hear that?"

"No, it was just your stomach growling!"

Once they had gone, you and Max tried to get the boat further down, but unexpectedly, it was jammed. "It... won't... budge!" You grunted.

Suddenly, you and Eugene got an idea in your heads and pulled your weapons out, and started to cut the ropes, Max neighed, clearly annoyed.

"Yeah, we know, destruction of property isn't exactly, official maritime procedure." Eugene sassily spoke.

"But neither is a rusty winch." You finished his sentence off, both of you slicing the ropes.

Suddenly, you felt the rope tangle against your ankle, lifting you straight into the air, apparently, the same thing happened to Eugene as he dangled right next to you, "That could've gone better..." You moaned as Max pulled the ropes, making you and Eugene steadily come down.

"It wasn't your stomach this time..." A man said, checking the area once more.

"I could've sworn it came from this direction."