Chapter 13

Tala's POV

It has been about two weeks since the basketball game and we were warned that something bad is coming our way. We all have been keeping an eye out for something to happen, but nothing had happened. The only thing that has been happening is that there are more rouges have been popping up on both lands. Mostly on the Nightshade pack land, and that have been on high alert and taking them out the moment they step onto their land. Nova and I are doing wonderfully. We have been hanging out more and going on cute dates in the town with the diner that we went to. It is a nice town and I love it because Nova and I can be ourselves while we are out there. Dakota and Awan are doing great too. They are fully mated which didn't take them too long for them to do that. They are over Dakota's house a lot because her family doesn't care that Awan is from the Nightshade pack. We also told them about the spray so wolves don't smell them and start to question them. Now I am over Dakota's house doing homework and just chilling.

"You know what I hate right now" Dakota asks me.

"No I don't and I bet that you are going to tell me anyway," I say back at her laughing.

"It sucks that I haven't been seeing Awan as much. I hate how they are in more of a lockdown than us" Dakota says pouting.

"I mean it makes sense because they are the ones that are getting the most rouges on their land than us. Trust me I miss Nova as much as you miss Awan. We will see them soon, just be happy we aren't like them right now" I say and we hear Dakota's grandma calling us to come downstairs. Dakota's grandma is making all of us lunch and says it is about to be ready soon.

I love Dakota's grandma so much. If you ask me, she does not look her age at all. Dakota is lucky with her family genes, her grandma is black, her mom is black, and her dad is Asian. I already know that she is going to look young forever and that is without being a werewolf. She is so nice to be and treats me like I am one of her granddaughters. They have pictures of me all over the house and some I am not even with Dakota. This is my second family and I love them all. We go to the kitchen and Dakota's grandma pulls out fried chicken, mash potatoes, and green beans for lunch. I already know I am going to be full today. I look at my phone before I sit down to see if Nova texted me yet, but she hasn't. I wasn't too worried because I know that her pack is on high alert and she is doing her work. I sit down and enjoy the feast in front of me.

Nova's POV

I have been on my feet all day today and I haven't got one break yet. I have been either on patrol around the land, in the gym training, or in meetings with my dad about what could be coming our way and why are there so many rogues. I will admit that there is has high rogue activity that has been happening lately. They are all on the border on our land and once they step foot on our land then it is game over for them. I can get away for a little bit and I go into the kitchen to relax for a minute. I look at my phone and I realize that I haven't texted Tala all day today.

"Hey Nov, how are you," my mom says coming into the kitchen.

"Nothing much, just taking a break from everything," I say while sitting down. I see my mom getting ready to make a sandwich.

"You know that the cooks are going to be mad at you because you are making a sandwich. They love making food for you" I say teasing my mom.

"I know they do but today I wanted to give them a little break," My mom says giggling, and puts down an envelope while she cooks. I have seen this envelope before many times in the past. My mom once a week goes out with that envelope for about thirty minutes and comes back with another envelope. I never know what she is doing or where she is going. I remember asking when I was younger, and she always says it is mom's business and that I needed to keep it a secret from dad. I still to this day don't know what she is up to, but this week is different. There are rogues out and about and they will kill at the chance to attack a luna. My mom makes her and me a sandwich and we sit down and eat.

"I know that every week you go out on your business, but what are you doing and where are you going?" I ask.

"Why are you so interested in what I am doing?" my mom says back at me.

"Rogues are popping up everywhere and I want you safe. I don't want you going out without protection" I say to her.

"I understand that you don't want me to go out there without protection, but I can handle myself. Plus this is a personal matter and I don't want anyone else to come. I am sorry but you can't come" my mom says while getting up and getting the empty plates where our sandwiches use to be.

"You force my hand on this. If you don't let me come with you, then I'll have to tell dad that you wander off once a week somewhere for a very long time. Since I was little." I say getting upset. My mom drops the plates in the sink making a loud noise. My mom looks back at me with a hurt face. This is understandable because I brought my dad into this and I know she does not want him involved.

"Fine, you will stay in the car the whole time," my mom says in a disappointing voice. I know that she is upset with me, but I am doing this for her own good. I don't have a good feeling about her going out today. My mom drops the envelope and the keys and we head to the car. We get in the car and it is silent. She is not very happy with me right now, I will try and make it up to her later.

We drive a bit away from the house but we are still on pack land. We get to the part of our land that looks very familiar to me. We get to a clearing on our pack land which is the very spot where Tala and I found out that we were mates. My mom parks the car where I can still see pretty much all the clearing, which is good because I need to keep a watch out. She tells me to stay in the car and I nod then roll down the window. I watch her go up to a rock that is in the middle of the clearing and there is already an envelope there. My mom picks up the new envelope and leaves behind the one that she brought. This is suspicious and I wish I knew what my mom was doing. In the distance, I could hear a female voice saying watch out, then my mom was attacked by two wolves. Luckily my mom is quick and turned into her wolf. She starts to get into a fighting stance and wait for the wolves to make their first move. I run out of the car, taking off my clothes along the way, and changed into my wolf. I come and attack one of the wolves. I start by going for the legs until they are too weak to stand. They were not that powerful so it was easy work and took out that wolf. I look over at my mom and she already took care of the wolf and licking her coat clean. Once we let our guard down, more rogue wolves started coming out of the woods. There were about twenty of them, but my mom and I were not going down without a fight. We charge at the wolves and got into a fierce battle. My mom was handling them easily and going after her one at a time, but with me, the wolves were all attacking me at once which was unfair. I kept my ground though, and took down a few wolves while I was at it. I was in the middle of taking down a wolf when another came behind me and slash at my stomach. It was a cheap shot, so I turned around and killed them with one motion. I look down at my wound and see that I am losing a lot of blood. My wolf could not hold itself up for long and things start to get black. Before everything went black I saw a beautiful brown wolf that came to help my mom and me. It looked like Tala's wolf and I knew I was safe then everything went black. 

Thank you for reading!!! I know that this was a short chapter, but I wanted to try something new because I have a lot of ideas for this book and I want to keep it interesting. I also want to keep you guys on your toes while you find out all the secrets that will be unfolded. Please vote and have a nice, safe day!!!