Chapter 6

I start to wake up early in the morning with the sun rising. I try to get up to admire the sunrise, but then I realize that I am in someone's warm, safe arms. I look over and I see Nova lying there sleeping peacefully and she looks so cute right now when she is not acting like the big, bad future alpha. I grab my phone that was laying next to me to check the time and I realize that we need to get up so we can both sneak back into our house. I also need to wash off Nova's scent because my parents and the pack will be wondering why I have another pack scent on me.

I just really don't want to leave because everything feels so right, right now like I don't want to leave. I lean up a little bit so I can stare at Nova, but not in a creepy way. She is beautiful and I don't really get to see her so I am going to stare at her to bask in her features.

"Didn't your parents teach you not to stare at people?" Nova says, smiling with her eyes closed and I jump a little because I thought she was asleep.

"Gosh, you scared me. I thought you were asleep. How long were you awake for?" I ask and Nova opens her eyes.

"I have been up for a while watching you see," Nova stopped and realized what she just said, "but not in a creepy way. I just wanted to make sure my mate was safe and you look so adorable sleeping" Nova says trying to recover then I kiss her cheek.

"It is okay, I was doing the same thing for the same reasons," I say and Nova looks shocked. It is probably because I kissed her cheek. I really just wanted to grab her and just start to make out with her, but I want to wait for a special moment for me to kiss her.

"Okay good because I got nervous and didn't want you to think that I was weird or something," Nova says.

"Of course not, you are my mate. We are supposed to love everything about each other, plus I think it's cute" I say while giggling.

"So now I am just cute," Nova says while fake pouting, which is the cutest thing to see.

"No, you aren't just cute. You are so much more," I let out a sigh, "I wish we could just stay like this and not have to worry about our packs or anyone. What should we do about us?" I ask worry that she might break up with me to cause less stress on her

"I want us to stay together and fight whatever comes our way. You are my mate and going to be my wife and luna one day. You know that we can't just reject each other because it doesn't work like that. Our wolves would go crazy and will do anything to be together, maybe drive us crazy. So right now even though it pains me, we need to make sure our relationship is on the low from everyone" Nova says, trying to make sure all of this works. I let a sigh out because it is hard to hear that the mate that you are supposed to love and cherish for the rest of your life needs to keep the relationship on the low. I want to just be near her all the time and let everyone know that she is mine. I know that it was the mate bond talking.

"I know this is tough and wish we could just be normal mates, but sadly we can't. I just don't want to start a war with the packs right now. Let's give it some time so we can ease our way into it" Nova says looking into my eyes.

"I agree with you. I wonder what Dakota is going to think about all of this" I laugh thinking about what she would say.

"I bet Dakota still does not like me after the whole Koko thing," Nova says with a little worry in her voice.

"Oh really," I say while smiling really hard, "why is that. Do you care what she thinks?" I giggle a little to see what she says. I know she and Dakota try to not act like friends, but they are pretty much best friends. They get along just great, but belonging to different packs that are enemies is hard on a friendship.