Chapter 23

Tala's POV

I am completely shocked that my mom is mated with Nova's mom. My life has been turned upside down. Everything is making sense with my family on how they were not so lovey-dovey with each other. I never put too much thought into it because I hear that mates should be your one true love. They said that they were mates but never showed that they were mates. What are the odds of my mom and my mate's mom being mates though?

"My head is hurting from all of this," I say and lean my head on Nova's shoulder.

"So is mine, it is a lot to take in right now," Nova says and kisses my forehead.

"Does that mean that we are sisters?" Nova jokes and laughs. I hit her lightly in the chest.

"No, we are not sisters that will be weird. We are stepsisters" I say and laugh.

"Well I know to get stuck in something so you can get me out," Nova says with a smirk on her face and all I can do is laugh.

"Wow, I wasn't expecting that to be honest. I didn't know that he took your mate away from you. I just thought that you were together on purpose to replace my mother and myself after he left us," Saku says then turns to Alpha Takoda, "Why did you leave me behind?" Saku asks.

"I didn't mean to leave you behind. The moment I felt the mate bond break I was a mess. I knew that you were with her so I just assumed that you were dead too. You have to understand that. I loved your mother so much that I even picked Penelope because she looks like her. I was just trying to get my family back, but it didn't work out as I wanted it to" Alpha Takoda said and I was in shock because he has a beautiful woman by his side even though he took her away from her mate. He also has an amazing daughter that I love.

"Look Nova, I am sorry for treating you so terribly. You just never lived up to these standards that I had in place for my son. He was amazing in every way" Alpha Takoda tried to explain himself then looked over at my mom and Nova's mom.

"I am sorry for pulling you guys apart. It was wrong of me to take your mate away from each other. I should have known better after losing my mate on how that feels" Alpha Takoda says.

"Can you all forgive me for what I have done to all of you?" Alpha Takoda asks.

"No!" Nova, Luna Penelope, and Saku all said at the same time to a shocked Alpha Takoda.

"You took me away from my mate that I love with all the fiber in me. It was the worst day of my life. Then I had to run off and play house with you doing stuff I didn't want to do. I had to have sex with you and I hate having sex with men. Dicks are so weird to me. I stood by your side because I knew one day I will be back with my mate. You made her lose her mate and stripped her from her gamma rank, all in the same day. Her sister had to replace her rank and she had to live like that for years" Luna Penelope says. I start to think about what she said about my mom being the gamma of the pack and her sister having to replace her. I look over at Dakota and she looks at me at the same time. I am pretty sure at the same time we realize that we are cousins.

"We are cousins!" Dakota whispers yell at me. I try not to laugh because this is a serious moment.

"I know!" I whisper yell back at her. Nova looks down at me and smiles.

"Looks like I am not the only one that is learning about new family members," Nova says with a smile, but I know that she is hurting because her dad just said that she never lived up to his standards. I grabbed her hand and held it. I look up at her and give her a small smile.

"Why would I forgive you when you left me in the woods to die. You didn't even try to come back and look for us. I had to bury my own mother at the age of five because my dad left me behind. Then you try to make another family. You are a piece of shit" Saku says venting out his frustration.

"You ruin my life! I always tried to make you happy and did everything that I could but it was never enough. I have an anger issue and trust issue all because of you. You hit me all the time because I wasn't doing things right. Now we fight each other like I am an enemy. I have scars all over my body because of you. Why would any of us forgive you?" Nova says getting angry. I am still holding her hand and the grip is getting tighter. I didn't mind it but I was getting a little worry.

"I said sorry and I see what I did was wrong," Alpha Takoda says getting angry too. Nova lets go of my hand and walk over to Alpha Takoda.

"This is all of your fault you know that. None of this would have happened because of you. If you went back to see your mate and son, then you would have found Saku and changed your ways. Then you would not need to go to the Dark Moon and pick a new mate. You would not have taken mom away from her mate. There would not be a tension between the packs and we wouldn't be here right now" Nova yells in Alpha Takoda's face. He looks like he is getting really mad and balling up his fist. Nova did say that they actually fight each other and I don't want that to happen. I run up to Nova trying to pull her away so she doesn't fight her dad again like one of those pick me girls, I know it is cringey but I have to.

"Nova, let's take a step back before it gets out of hand," I say to Nova

"It is too late for that" Alpha Takoda says then I feel something hit me on the back of my head then it went black.

Nova's POV

"What is your problem?! Why did you punch her in the head?!" I say and charge at him. I tackle him on the ground and start to punch him in the face over and over again. I don't stop even with his face all bloody.

"Nova!" my mom says. I look around to find her and I see that she was next to Tala. I don't even remember seeing her going towards her. I get off of my father and check on Tala. I go over to her and see that she hasn't woken up yet.

"Tala please wake up now," I say getting on my knees next to her. I wipe off the blood on my hands. She doesn't wake up and is still.

"I am sorry, I should have listened to you about leaving. Now wake up for me please" I say and start to cry. She doesn't wake up.

Thanks for reading!!! Please vote!!!